Tattoo

Adamquest64 said:
I think Donkey Kong is an original idea for a tattoo that barely anyone else will have. DK evokes a funky and light-hearted mood. Good choice.

Thank you. :) Exactly what I was trying to go for in my tattoo. I think that people spend way to much time worrying about the MEANING of their tattoo, and making it super significant and special. And while I can understand that, thats not how I feel about it personally. I'm not big on writing down my loved ones names, or bible verses, or some symbology that only I'll understand and appreciate.

I think the world can appreciate a Donkey Kong tattoo, and more importantly I think that this Tattoo is cool enough for me to get without worrying about if anyone else would get it. And actually I'd be kinda surprised if I ever meet another person with a DK tat.

!S

Luigi! said:
Do you really want some big ugly-ass monkey on your back for the rest of your life?

No actually I want him on my arm.

!S

zune-tattoo.jpg

zune_tattoo1.jpg

gameboy-tatoo.jpg

200602060854-pix1.jpg

snes-tat.jpg

top_25_games_tatoo_006.jpg

redsteel.jpg

Red Steel!!! That game wasn't even great??

200610201339-pix1.jpg

shiva_v_mario797_embed.jpg

mushroom-tat.jpg

[DT] said:
Even though I suspect it was unintentional, you missed the obvious metaphor :lol:

Actually I just chose to ignore it. "A phrase that uses Monkey to describe a situation involving Donkey Kong? BRILLIANT!"
Yea no thanks. :lol:

And those tattoos are freaky and strange. Some were ok, like the 1-up, and I liked the coloring of the Dreamcast logo, but Overall this tattoo isn't even going to be anything that mind-boggling.
It'll be Donkey Kong, with his red tie, on my arm. It'll be covered by short sleeve shirts, and won't even affect my life besides making me smile any time I see it. :)

Now getting the nintendo logo across my forehead or my entire back covered with Pikmin? Yea thats a bit extreme...
and my a bit extreme I mean completely freaking insane.

!S

I do like the 1+ mushroom.

You mentioned it would be the size of a CD.. isn't that like.. huge.

surfinrach90 said:
You mentioned it would be the size of a CD.. isn't that like.. huge.

Not really... because I'm kinda a big guy, and "cd-sized" just means that it'll be the only tattoo on the outside of my bicep. It'll cover that area, but still be not noticeable (unless my shirt is off)

!S

Ohhh I see lol

Well it's not something I would have (I do want a tattoo though) but if you feel like it's what you really want and you wont regret it then maybe you should do it. Think about it hard first though, or even forget about it for a while, then after a month or more if you still feel the same then go for it.

Stevwen said:
Actually I just chose to ignore it. "A phrase that uses Monkey to describe a situation involving Donkey Kong? BRILLIANT!"
Yea no thanks. :lol:

!S

You missed it *again* - oh well, thanks for playing, you'll be receiving a copy of WiiChat Home Edition. :lol:

Stevwen said:
It'll be Donkey Kong, with his red tie, on my arm. It'll be covered by short sleeve shirts, and won't even affect my life besides making me smile any time I see it. :)

[re: underlined] That's an excellent option! - it's let's you have ink without committing to +potentially+ having a conflict down the road.

I found in my current enterprise, that having the option of easily covering/removing body modifications that could introduce a "distraction" (for lack of better terms) on the part of our clients is a big plus!

I don't think it's compromising either - it's just accommodating the most flexible personal and business lifestyle!

Good luck with it if you decide to do it - make SURE you go to a reputable shop.

[DT] said:
You missed it *again* - oh well, thanks for playing, you'll be receiving a copy of WiiChat Home Edition. :lol:

Good luck with it if you decide to do it - make SURE you go to a reputable shop.

Wait... Is there some phrase involving "monkey on my back" that means something different than having a problem / situation that you regret and you want to *finger-quote* get a monkey off my back *finger quote* that I don't know about? Cause I only know that one, and I got it...
the first time :sick:

And I've already got a reputable place/person picked out for it. He's done a lot of work for my friends, so Its someone that I trust and its a place that I like.
Its actually where I got my piercing, so I know its clean and all that.

Thanks for the support :D

!S

Stevwen said:
And I've already got a reputable place/person picked out for it. He's done a lot of work for my friends, so Its someone that I trust and its a place that I like.
Its actually where I got my piercing, so I know its clean and all that.

Thanks for the support :D

!S

That good, that's usually like 75% of the problem - I watch LA Ink on occasion, and I've seen a few of the attempts at correcting poorly done tattoos (usually looks +better+ afterward, but still a far cry from good).

I usually just dig on tribal/monotone work, but if you did just one bit of one other color (like the red tie), and left everything else tribal, that might be real interesting.

FWIW, I have probably another on deck here pretty soon :)

(like they say, "one too many and two is not enough")

Awww..... When I saw the mushroom... I kinda want one. But I dont think I'd want a permanent one.

The tattoo with the gameboy and arrows on the guy's stomach kinda looks like it was drawn by a 10 yr old.... Kinda feel bad for that dude.

Re. the topic

I would never get a DK or any game character tattooed on my arm. (unless of course one of them saves my life or something. Who knows? Never say never..)

But, considering how much DK means to you, why not? Its your skin.
and I don't think having a DK tattoo would be a horrible idea (see ripley's believe it or not for horrible ideas concerning tattoo's. ex. Guy wanting to turn into a tiger.) since he's pretty widely known.

But just wanted you to keep in mind that most girls don't like guy's who are obsessed with games. I know you aren't obsessed with DK or anything. But, that tattoo might send the wrong message, cuz one look might not give you any time at all to explain the "story" behind it.

dragongirl said:
I know you aren't obsessed with DK or anything. But, that tattoo might send the wrong message, cuz one look might not give you any time at all to explain the "story" behind it.

Not much of a story, and thats partially what I like about it so much. :)

I just like DK, and it feels like the right tattoo for me and my personality.

Plus if any girl wasn't ok with the Kong, then they aren't ok by me.

:thumbsup:

!S

Back