The Big N making Big $$$

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just shows how greedy they are. They could have given us a better console and taken a loss on them or at least have it evened out without them making a profit off the consoles as they will make enough off the games and accessories.

meh i might be a little biased, but whatever, can't say that your not biased towards the ps3,

and they might be a little greedy but they're a company, what's the point of having a company if your not going to make much money off your products

i never even read the article lol

paintba||er said:
This just shows how greedy they are. They could have given us a better console and taken a loss on them or at least have it evened out without them making a profit off the consoles as they will make enough off the games and accessories.

You're right about that, but you don't think Sony and Microsoft aren't trying to maximize their profits? They would milk the consumer at every chance too, but they got caught up in a game of one-upmanship, and it has turned out to be less than profitable for them so far. Really, the reason Nintendo is profiting is that they stepped back, and decided to go for a different angle. So far the consumer seems to think they did the right thing, but time will tell how it works out for them.

paintba||er said:

I actually disagree with that, the reason why they are rollin in the dough is because of the wii. They knew by giving us a not so much "better" console would make them lots of money. Like it is the best console out of the 3 just not as powerfull. (thats debateable since i started playing xbox live)

Obviously they made a good enough product, and I'm happy with it...they just decided maybe they should make money instead of losing it on consoles.

Maybe they could use some of that money towards a decent online *GAMING* service and lay off these other channels that have only gotten about 5 minutes each out of me. Let the customers get what they paid for, online gaming which was promised, and don't half-ass it.

I don't mind paying $150 more for a pretty looking gamecube with new controlls that hurt half the games that try to utilize them because Nintedo doesn't help the 3rd party devlopers out at all. They failed with not taking advantage od new graphic technology but offset it with controlls.

But take those big$$$ and make use of another new thing - called online gaming... No 2 games isn't enough.

hmmm online games coming out by the end of the year

pokemon(already out)
msc(same)
ssbb
madden
bwii

more than 2....and mario kart was promised, same with moh
i think the online gaming service will be decent, but so far they haven't even released any games that would be good online

mushroomedmario said:
hmmm online games coming out by the end of the year

pokemon(already out)
msc(same)
ssbb
madden
bwii

more than 2....and mario kart was promised, same with moh
i think the online gaming service will be decent, but so far they haven't even released any games that would be good online

Wii was a longshot tho, it could have done very poorly without the right marketing, besides 3rd party developers have only just started really likeing the wii after seeing how successfull it has been and will be. Like you mentiond SSBB Madden and Mario kart, they will all be amazing online.

paintba||er said:

Ya, its my fault that they're greedy. :rolleyes: That just shows how biased you are that you can't see the greed.

You can not tell me that Sony and Microsoft are not greedy.
For one Xbox 360 and the hd-drive add on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back