The BIG question for all Wii Owners.

X@vier said:
so u guys are trying to tell me that i would have to buy a new Wii to get DVD play back? :mad5:

~X
nintendo would probably let you trade in your old wii plus like 50 bucks for a new wii with dvd...the wiivd

Most people already have DVD players. Why would we need another one included with a game system? Nintendo kept the Wii at an affordable price by not including useless bells and whistles.

according to nintendo, a video game console doesnt need all those special features. the wii focuses on 1 thing, the games, so they can do that the best. (yes nintendo has said this, while designing the forecast channel, internet channel, ect.)

actually their logic for not including a dvd player in the wii is that dvd players are plentiful, and it would just add an unnecessary bit of cash to the cost of a wii

which i agree with, i have 5 dvd players in my house(two of them are right beside my wii, and another one in the same room)

What a load of Bull...

You do not need a DVD playing console. Not for standard DVD's anyways. Sure HDDVD and Blu-ray is a nice perk in the others but its not needed eaither, it just increases the price and hurts sales when not an option. You can go buy a DVD player from Walmart or Radio Shack for what 18.99? I know I picked up a couple cheepo ones for that price at christmas.

It already has Music playback using the MP3's off your SD card. MP3's are way more popular format of music these days than CD's so thats not an issue. If it is to you simply put your cd in your computer download a free program to convert it to MP3 and tada.. music player If you dont have a computer then maybe you shouldn't have bought a Wii..lol

The people that want basic DVD playback are kids that have a Wii and a 15 inch t.v. in there bedroom, save up your allowance and just buy a cheepo dvd player kids better than killing the life of your game consoles. No doubt hours of unneeded DVD playback is a big factor in killing off so many PS2's when they first came out, and probably helped in finnishing off a few strained 360's.

There are more serious problems for the wii than these issues so let's just wait and see what happens.

WiitnessID said:
A PC dvd drive or burner cost like $34 go get one! As for power go ask factor 5.

chances are that all the computers posted from have a dvd drive.

i agree with what just about 98% of u people said in here. Nintendo Wii is designed for 1 thing and 1 thing only playing games and having fun. Come on its 2008 if ur house hold does not have a dvd player thats like not having a toilet.

True, but most gamers also like listening to music while playing their games.

And not everyone in the world owns an itouch let me tell you...

Shion said:

No, and although I approve of music in games, people do have other means of music. They still have MP3 players or stereos/CD's.

So that argument could go either way.

See, there's the problem.^^^

For example, people who listen to mp3's during melee tend to pause the game frequently to change songs and crap.

Stuff like that gets seriously annoying.

Another reason to have music on the Wii.

Okay this argument has been going on ever since the Wii was released.

Seriously stop complaining about how you want the Wii to play music. Obviously Nintendo didn't build it as a media center, they built it as a gaming console, period.

If you want a console that you can listen to music while playing a game, then either get a PC or a 360 (maybe PS3 but I'm not sure).

If you haven't noticed yet, this is not a complaint.

Simply, it is a question of WHEN, not WHY.

Get your facts straight.

And secondly, PC is not a console, it is a computer...

Shion said:

Shion said:
See, there's the problem.^^^

For example, people who listen to mp3's during melee tend to pause the game frequently to change songs and crap.

Stuff like that gets seriously annoying.

Another reason to have music on the Wii.

Those do not seem like questions.

And can you not play games on the PC?

Back