The BT3 lag thread

Synikal

WiiChat Member
Dec 16, 2007
Idaho
Wii Online Code
8846-1826-8926-9619
I just figured if this problem plagues others, let's all discuss it in an organized area.

It's a good idea to have an organized place for discussing the lag issue in BT3. It's such a shame that the online is so broken because the game is so fun.

What's worse, however, is this: Atari knows how to fix it, but they are dragging their feet in doing so. I've been working with a couple of people over on Atari's community forum to get Atari to fix their game. We have a lot of research, and some extremely solid arguments, about getting the game fixed.

Having an organized thread such as this is definitely a good start for getting the game fixed.

If you want to see what where we stand and how we got there, check out our most up-to-date collection of research and rhetoric on our blog/site: http://fixbudokai.blogspot.com

I hate to advertise, and that isn't my intent here. I have nothing to sell. I just want to get the word out about where Atari's problem is, along with uniting disappointed fans, so that the necessary pressure to get a fix can be applied.

Forgive me if this is considered advertising.

I got the idea from looking at that thread. You are talking about the one with Teknoman, right?
I hope to god it gets fixed soon, I'm tired of the lag coming undone as soon as you taunt... And the game doesn't usually DC on its own. It's people who don't wanna lose.

Yes, I'm referring to the one with Teknoman. Others have been helpful, but we have largely been the driving force in getting a fix as of late. The blogspot I referenced is a concise compilation of our work. A fix is definitely possible, but Atari has to decide that it is worth the money to put the fix together.

I don't think that we could boycott their games, as people aren't reliable in general for a mass movement...
Maybe stop playing Online.. But again, people aren't reliable.

hey guys guess what... when i was playing online yesterday i had a non laggy match! My soulution for online is that you wait 2-4 days . But i think Atari fixed the servers

It would be lovely if Atari's servers were fixed, but, according to Nintendo, players are directly connected (so no servers are present once gameplay starts). As it stands, Atari hasn't acknowledged the fault in their code that Nintendo has. Moreover, Atari is on holiday all of next week. It seems that we won't be hearing anything from Atari until the 31st at the earliest.

I, for one, am disappointed in the company. I can live with a bad product being released, but being ignored by the company is not something I'm a fan of.

Yeah the lag is pretty bad, I was playing one kid yesterday and I swear I thought this kid was on dial-up. I know its not me because I have a 20 MBPS connection with a wireless-N router (best router for gaming). The router is in the same room so I doubt it was me. If the online servers are just low quality altogether that can explain the lag. However I'm not playing ranked matches til its fixed,its just suicide.

Shadow2K6 said:
Yeah the lag is pretty bad, I was playing one kid yesterday and I swear I thought this kid was on dial-up. I know its not me because I have a 20 MBPS connection with a wireless-N router (best router for gaming). The router is in the same room so I doubt it was me. If the online servers are just low quality altogether that can explain the lag. However I'm not playing ranked matches til its fixed,its just suicide.
Direct response from Nintendo suggests that it's bad netcode on Atari's part. There are no intermediate servers. Connection could cause some trouble, but not this kind of trouble. Basically, it's something that Atari's going to have to fix if we're ever going to consistently get lagless fights.

Hey guys.... i read a article that said Atari is going to fix the servers...
however in the meantime i guess im going to take a break from online.
But hey im having quick matches these days.

SSJJason said:
Hey guys.... i read a article that said Atari is going to fix the servers...
however in the meantime i guess im going to take a break from online.
But hey im having quick matches these days.
Care to point us to that article, Jason? I'd love to see it. :up:

I too would like to read that... I'm sorry for my absence, been celebrating Christmas in California.

Kendrik said:
Care to point us to that article, Jason? I'd love to see it. :up:

I found the article while serching the web.... i just put in Tenkaichi 3 in the google search bar

Back