The "Create an Item" Contest

Nimoi

WiiChat Member
Nov 3, 2007
Wii Online Code
8182-4961-9048-4138
createanitem_contest.png

It's the Create an Item Contest!

In this contest participants design their own Nintendo-esque item. Once the deadline is up there will be a separate topic in which everyone may vote. The participant with the most popular item wins! Wins what? Well, you win everyones respect as an Artist. What else could you want?

Deadline: December 1st.

How do I submit?
-----------------------------------

Please submit in this fashion:

(Picture of Item)​

Name of item:
Series: The game series it belongs to; Mario/Starfox/Legend of Zelda. If multiple series apply, list them or just put n/a
Effect: Explain the effect the item has on the area/character/enemies/ect
Comments: Tell us more about this Item; Tell us how you made it. You can leave this blank if you must.

Example I'm not entering.

snowshroom_trans.png

Name: Snowshroom
Series: Mario Bros.
Effect: Turns Mario into "Ice Suit Mario" which is similar to Fire Mario, only with white and arctic blue overalls and hat. Ice Suit Mario throws freezing cold ice balls which make the ground freezing where they land causing any enemies to come near freeze. An Ice Ball also freezes any enemy who is hit by it.
Comments: This item is similar to the Ice Flower in Super Mario Galaxy, only the Ice Flower makes Mario turn into a Frozen Sculpture similar to Metal Mario. If a Flower Makes Mario turn into a Frozen Ice Mario, then the Mushroom does what the Fire Flower does for Mario in a sense. If there where a Fire Mushroom, then I am sure Mario's whole body would catch ablaze for a short time. Heheh.

Yeah, it's just a 1-up Recolor with an orb around it and some snowflakes. This would be accepted. Just as long as you have changed the image in some way. It doesn't have to be a lot, unless you want to win. You can always make your own from scratch.

Rules

There are some Rules that apply.
  • No obscene items. This includes items with obscene outcomes. This one is a given seeing as how it would also violate the forum rules.
  • No obscene item names. Again, this one is a given seeing as how it would also violate the forum rules.
  • NO STEALING.

Submissions

FRuMMaGe said:
deathshroommx5.png

Name of item: Deathshroom
Series:Mario
Effect: Transforms Mario into Wraith Mario. This acts similarly to invincibility. Any enemy he touches within 30 seconds is instantaneously killed. He can also pass through most walls and fly for a short distance.
Comments: I made this item using GIMP. This competition rules!

samXcor3 said:
triforcegun.jpg

Name of item:Trifaster or (like triforce and blaster...LOLZ...:scared: ) OR TFB...for triforce blaster
Series:Star Fox/Zelda Mashup
Effect: Shoots pieces of triforce, and they stick into the player. once three pieces stick a player, if he's your teammate, he gets powered up so his hits do more damage, and if it's an enemy, they can get possessed by the triforce and they get slammed on the ground a few times. This adds strategy : Do i wanna stick up my own teammate to beef him up or go for the enemies and try to take them out myself.
Comments: Made this in Paint. If i had GIMP or Photoshop this would've looked a lot better. PS this contest rules. PSS REMEMBER, it only shoots individual triforce pieces, you gotta stick 3 for the effect.

Wario said:
ChainChomp.png
Name: Chomp Mushroom
Series: Mario Brothers
Effect: Turns what ever character you are playing as into a rabid Chain Chomp. It clears away any blocks, enemies, or obstacles out of your way.....but is extremely hard to control. USE WITH CAUTION.
Comments: Yeah...done in Photoshop....but I feel like I could've done better. *blink blink*

bw! said:

Name of item: Lightning mushroom
Series: Mario
Effect: it has 2 effects
1.mario can throw little lightning bolts (kinda like the fire)
2.he can make a lightning bolt come to the ground (kinda like pikachus down B move in ssbm)

Comments:
1.i got a normal mushroom
2.i went to gimp and pasted the mushroom on there
3.i pressed the "colorify" button to make it yelow
4.i went to find 2 lightning bolts
5.i put the lightning bolts behind the mushroom
6.then it was complete :yesnod:

Nick said:
Goombad.JPG

Name: Goom Mushroom
Series: Mario Bros
Effect: Makes Mario turn into a Goomba.As a Goomba he can run much faster than normal and foes will not attack him.He can also go in smaller passages.The only disidvantige is that Mario cant jump as high and his attack drops.
Comments: I combinded a super mushroom with a Goomba and colored the mushroom brown and blue.

wii_girliefairie said:
30772705nn0.png
Name:peach Flower
Series: Mario Bros.
Effect: Makes Mario or Luigi put on Peach's dress. They wear it the whole lvl.. It allows them to float when they jump like Peach can.They can use other items while wearing the dress. (fire flower ect.) It also makes them look funny. lolz noobz!

JLU51396 said:
Item.jpg

Triangle of Three

Franchise: SSBB
Effects: When you grab it the game freezes and a image showing 3 things appears, you can select only one per time you grab the item, the Purple corner of the triangle (if Selected) will make all platforms on the level go invisible, this can be both an advantage or a disadvantage to you, the Green corner of the triangle (if selected) will swap special moves with the character closest to you, this may be an advantage or a disadvantage to you, and the Red corner of the triangle (if selected) will take all of the percent of damage and take your percentage back to 0%. Once you've selected any three the image will disappear and the game will unfreeze and which ever one of the three you selected will have its specific effect in the game.

WuddlePook said:
POW.png

Name of Item : WuddleBlock
Series : Mario I suppose
Effect : When Mario/Other character hit's this block, WuddlePook emerges out of the block and charges directly at Mario/Other character stealing current power (Fire Power/Star/etc.) and gives it to the closest enemy around (Have it be a Goomba/Koopa/etc.) If no power-up form is current at the moment of block activation, upon contact with WuddlePook, damage between forms continue as normal damage would be done, but instead it is as if life is 'stolen' for the closest enemy gains an extra life. If no enemy appears present upon activation of block, WuddlePook adds 1 second to the clock for each coin you have. He also adds ten seconds per remaining life (heart). He then heads to the end of the stage, where he waits until you arrive and he takes you to the top of the flag and grants you an extra life.
Comments : Eh was lurking and saw this link... I already had the pic, so I just needed to throw in a description. Wanted to make things fair, as it could screw you. The point of this block is to throw it in a part where a good amount of enemies are nearby so a player doesn't attempt to rush through recklessly and screw their self over.

Last edited:
what if we dont have the resources to draw it or make it a pic

samXcor3 said:
what if we dont have the resources to draw it or make it a pic
There are many free online programs like GIMP. You could always make it in paint, and hey if it looks good and has a cool theme it could still win.

bowsershroom.png

Name of item: Bowser Mushroom
Series: Mario Brothers
Effect: Temporaily turns you into a bowser-fied version of what character you are playing as. Allows you to breath fire and stomp the ground causing enemies to flip over stunned.
Comments: I had a lot of fun making this, but I'm kind of worried that Nintendo has made something similar to this.

deathshroommx5.png

Name of item: Deathshroom
Series:Mario
Effect: Transforms Mario into Wraith Mario. This acts similarly to invincibility. Any enemy he touches within 30 seconds is instantaneously killed. He can also pass through most walls and fly for a short distance.
Comments: I made this item using GIMP. This competition rules!

Just to clarify, it doesn't have to be a mushroom. ;)

Nimoi said:
Just to clarify, it doesn't have to be a mushroom. ;)
We know :lol:

It just seems like a nice familiar item that is easy to edit. :yesnod:

Wario said:
Actually no, I was stupid and edited a a Super Mushroom instead of that. XD
:lol:

I just edited a normal Super Mushroom aswell. Then I messed with the hue, added some teeth and a logo in the middle

FRuMMaGe said:
:lol:

I just edited a normal Super Mushroom aswell. Then I messed with the hue, added some teeth and a logo in the middle
I'll have to agree, your item is extremely well done.....Mine just a bunch of Pen Tool markings and Magic Wand Coloring. XD

Wario said:
I'll have to agree, your item is extremely well done.....Mine just a bunch of Pen Tool markings and Magic Wand Coloring. XD
Yours is nice in a cartoony way.

I suppose it all depends on Nimoi's opinion. I assume he is the judge on December 01?

FRuMMaGe said:
Yours is nice in a cartoony way.

I suppose it all depends on Nimoi's opinion. I assume he is the judge on December 01?
I believe so...I just hope some people try stuff other than mushrooms. :lol:

Back