manred

Animal Collective
Dec 30, 2007
Wherever Fate Takes Me
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
We have come a really long way...

ninevolutionrq6.png

Here's a really great image looking back at the royal roots of the three Nintendo big boys; Mario, Link and Donkey Kong. There isn't any monochrome character love from the old days proper, but it is quite an extensive time line nonetheless, which culminates in the modern day incarnations of our beloved superheroes. Things we have learnt from the image include the fact that Donkey Kong once had breasts bigger than Pamela, Link has been know to walk about without his hat and Mario hasn't always had enough pixels for a well defined mustache. It is all rather shocking stuff; brace yourself and jump in for the money shot.

Source

Edit: Just updated the pic, thanks for the fix Dumbass_Luigi.

Last edited:
nah hes right its form brawl...itsa more recent pic then the one u have for the final pic...and the minishcap link should be after the oot and mm link

minish cap link shouldn't really be in it at all as it is a progession on systems... maybe gamecube link should be in there though.
and mario kart donkey kong was actually dk jr., wasn't it?
oh and link 2 and 3 should probably be switched.

There were two Links from the 64 games and technically there never has been a proper Wii Link as Twilight Princess is a game cube game. There's no 64 DK either. Still, it's a cool list to see.

Spinty said:
Not on that list. She never appeared on SNES or N64 so maybe that's why.

Lies and slander.

One of the greatest games of all time on the snes; Super Metroid

Fanboy delight in; Smash Bros 64

Cpt.McCloud said:
Lies and slander.

One of the greatest games of all time on the snes; Super Metroid

Fanboy delight in; Smash Bros 64

Oops... sorry... I meant NES. Typo :lol: .

:scared: Am I getting anything right today?

It's safe to say she wasn't on the N64 in a Metroid game. Right? They didn't make one while I wasn't watching?

Spinty said:

It's safe to say she wasn't on the N64 in a Metroid game. Right? They didn't make one while I wasn't watching?

She only appeared in Smash Bros. 64 and possibly a pinball game:lol:

It's safe to say there was no Metroid game on the 64 though. Right?

Back