The "Good" Life

I see it this way. A harder life doesn't necessarilly mean a bad life.

I'm often broke. Struggle through college. Got a crap job. And bad luck... but I love life and live it to the fullest. Even if I don't come out of college with my dream carrer as a game designer I have other options and I'll be fine no matter what. I'm an optimistic kind of guy who sees the glass half-full. Life is still good.
I demand to have some of whatever you're drinking. NAO.

^Just because you're broke doesn't mean you can't have fun and enjoy yourself.
That's why we have fire. xD

Give me a job, where I have to spend weeks in some far away developing country with just a bag on my back and all the camera equipment I can carry and I'll be happy.

Thinking about a definition of being sucessful, or having the good life. All I can actually think of is doing what I love to do. Taking pictures. So I'll pass on the boring and repetative nine to five jobs thanks, just leave me on my own in some country I've never been to for a few weeks/months, and tell me to go take some pictures please.
Of course, if you're going to do something, then I believe in doing a good job of it. So, the epitome of my success in photography, would be to become a member of Magnum photos *hairs stand on end*. Yah.

Everyone's too young, but is anyone actually in their realistic dream job, or even know of anyone in it? :/

Everyone's too young, but is anyone actually in their realistic dream job, or even know of anyone in it? :/

Out of everyone i went to college with, none of us are currently in the field we wanted. All of us went to school for graphic design and animation, but couldnt find jobs in that field. Most people dont find jobs in the field they study while in college, those that do are pretty lucky.

^Just because you're broke doesn't mean you can't have fun and enjoy yourself.
That's why we have fire. xD
<<Is broke
Likes life as it is
But would take a lot of money if it was offered

Out of everyone i went to college with, none of us are currently in the field we wanted. All of us went to school for graphic design and animation, but couldnt find jobs in that field. Most people dont find jobs in the field they study while in college, those that do are pretty lucky.

Most people being who?

Every recent graduate I know from Engineering is an engineer now.

Most people being who?

Most people being MOST people.
Either some find it to be a complete waste of 4 years, or opt out of what there original plan was and settle for something else.
I cant find you any numbers, but i been through the college thing already and know dozens who have also. And only 2 people i know of got the job they went to school for. (architecture)
It all depends on the demand of the job when you graduate.

Most people being who?

Its really one of the few jobs left that will always need people to do things
That and computers
Sadly I cant get a job with computers because I dont have prof of what I can do

the good life = having family and friends.
even if it's just one person you're close to.
Simple as.

Jobs/money/anything else really doesn't matter IMO.
(what about oxygen, food and drink Wiired? [/smart arse])

the good life = having family and friends.
even if it's just one person you're close to.
Simple as.

Jobs/money/anything else really doesn't matter IMO.
(what about oxygen, food and drink Wiired? [/smart arse])

Money is needed to pay for things

The good life for me is
Being alone most the time, having enough money to live on, all this stuff I have (even tho a better computer/tv would be nice), having meaningless sex with people I hardly know(remember folks rubber up),
(Gave up getting a job as theres no chance unless its a job id really hate)
But more money will be nice

Most people being MOST people.
Either some find it to be a complete waste of 4 years, or opt out of what there original plan was and settle for something else.
I cant find you any numbers, but i been through the college thing already and know dozens who have also. And only 2 people i know of got the job they went to school for. (architecture)
It all depends on the demand of the job when you graduate.

Then again, you went through the college of art. I know lots of those that didn't make it.

Back