The "&%@$@# I can't believe that!!" thread

penguinphil

custom user title
Dec 28, 2006
Wii Online Code
3599-7437-7191-4055
So after a game against someone who constantly uses one strategy over and over and over and over again, whether i win or not, I want to throw my controller (thank god for wristbands) and never play again.

And I see a lot of threads where people complain and complain about games they lose or people who disconnect, and to be honest, i'm pretty sure we're all tired of hearing them.

Although it still feels nice to rant about those matches to release your anger and feel like someone else knows what has happened.

So in this thread i propose we come to rant and rave about that last awful stupid match. There's nothing to catch up on, you don't have to read over posts, and we can eliminated the 100's of angry posts in other threads.

um...i was winning 3-0 and his jr bowser got 2 shells ( both heatseakers ) and did a mega strike (6 green) then i know i can easily block them but when i got to the third 1, my goalie hands disappear and he scored 4. there was a minute left and i came back with 2 more goals. so i won but i was mad that it like disappear.

Grubby_ said:
um...i was winning 3-0 and his jr bowser got 2 shells ( both heatseakers ) and did a mega strike (6 green) then i know i can easily block them but when i got to the third 1, my goalie hands disappear and he scored 4. there was a minute left and i came back with 2 more goals. so i won but i was mad that it like disappear.

I think the hand disappears when you miss too many balls. That annoying buzzer sound that you hear when you miss a ball is what i am talking about. Say you click A randomly and frantically and get the buzzer sound many times, the hands disappear and the rest of the shots will score.

At first I thought it was a bug in the game.. then I realized I was just pressing A frantically all over the screen.

nah it doesnt work like that, the buzzer sound is to just let you know you missed a ball. But the mega strikes can be a real pain online, especially when the game starts lagging!

penguinphil said:
So after a game against someone who constantly uses one strategy over and over and over and over again, whether i win or not, I want to throw my controller (thank god for wristbands) and never play again.

And I see a lot of threads where people complain and complain about games they lose or people who disconnect, and to be honest, i'm pretty sure we're all tired of hearing them.

Although it still feels nice to rant about those matches to release your anger and feel like someone else knows what has happened.

So in this thread i propose we come to rant and rave about that last awful stupid match. There's nothing to catch up on, you don't have to read over posts, and we can eliminated the 100's of angry posts in other threads.

i think forum is a place where u express your feelings right?

good idea for a thread. I remember one guy and all he wanted to do was pass the ball to his cap'n and do a mega strike, and seriously every time he got the ball thats all he try and do, nothing else! It was pathetic and became a weird game of "keep away", stopping his captain getting the ball. It was seriously easy and i was a couple up on his nothing until the last ten seconds when he succesfully did one, and scored 3 goals, and won :|

shadow21x said:
I think the hand disappears when you miss too many balls. That annoying buzzer sound that you hear when you miss a ball is what i am talking about. Say you click A randomly and frantically and get the buzzer sound many times, the hands disappear and the rest of the shots will score.

At first I thought it was a bug in the game.. then I realized I was just pressing A frantically all over the screen.

o maybe it is, i probably got the edge og the ball instead of getting close to the center. it buzzed like 3 times and GONE~!~

mark84 said:
good idea for a thread. I remember one guy and all he wanted to do was pass the ball to his cap'n and do a mega strike, and seriously every time he got the ball thats all he try and do, nothing else! It was pathetic and became a weird game of "keep away", stopping his captain getting the ball. It was seriously easy and i was a couple up on his nothing until the last ten seconds when he succesfully did one, and scored 3 goals, and won :|

haha that sucks, he did hit the orange?

Ness said:
nah it doesnt work like that, the buzzer sound is to just let you know you missed a ball. But the mega strikes can be a real pain online, especially when the game starts lagging!

that's y i played only 4 star connection quality =]] u should start doing that too.

yeh i played one guy with one star just to see wat it was like. i turned my wii off after about 10 verrryyy long seconds haha

Ness said:

Well i noticed that it happened to me when I was playing my first online game ever. I would be calm during single player mode and rarely miss, maybe once or twice during the megastrike. But online, I was a bit nervous i guess and decided to spam the A button to make sure I get every ball..

And it makes sense. It would be easier if you could hit A repeatedly and just move the cursor. But this way, you have to be careful where you are clicking it.

Then again, it could all be a coincidence. Is this verified? Anyone wanna test it out?

Back