I can't believe this is a Wii forum

Just don't listen to them....get your Wii and have fun....i was bored of normal controller...I loved my wiimoote and nunchuck....right now i own 9 great wii games and i'm planing on buying more...so if you want to get your wii get it...

but maybe you should try to get a couple of games and/or controller in exchange of your 360Elite.

btw, im probably as old as you with 2 children...so if you need to talk wii i'm there...

ME and XLaw are both wii lover just look at our sig...lol

JT. said:
I say wait 4 months, sell your Elite Xbox, then buy a Wii. That way you'll have enough to play. Before christmas is when all the great games come out.

Why wait there are lots of great games out already.

I opted for the Wii over the 360 as I've already got an XBox, PS2 and a PSP. I also used to own the original PS. So I've had a good few years playing games like Gran Turismo, Sega GT, V-Rally, Duke Nukem, Doom, Quake etc. Granted the 360 has taken all these games to the next level, but when I heard about the Wii I knew I had to have one, it offered something new and above all else so much potential for a differant type of gaming. It looks like you're thinking the same, you want to try something new. So good for you, I don't actually care that you have swapped your 360 for one, thats your choice! Enjoy.

prod_fatfree_main_image2.jpg

Anyway, I'd rather go on a forum where people disagree and discuss than a forum when everyone just agrees with each other...it would be pointless.

MaxPing said:
Why wait there are lots of great games out already.

Supply in demand, you'll learn about it. Both consoles are pretty new (generally) and it would be a good idea for the to die down a little maybe even more than 4 months. Yes, there are great games out now but better ones are going to come soon. Also, there might be a $50 USD price drop (doubtful).

FR. said:
it would be a good idea for the to die down a little maybe even more than 4 months. Yes, there are great games out now but better ones are going to come soon. Also, there might be a $50 USD price drop (doubtful).

I would not wait 4 months or more to buy a console on the off chance a new game comes out that i might like,i like many of the current games and have a long list of ones i hope to own in the near future.
If he swaps/sells it now and gets a Wii with games he has 4 months of great gaming then he can sell the games and buy any new ones that come out.

paintballer, why do you keep saying th enovelty of the controller wears off, i mean the 360 controller is just a smaller version of the original xbox, and ps3 is basically the exact same but with some motion sensing.....and they both resemble the NES controller....that WORE OFF

dude i'm not an idiotic fanboy, and i support your choice, some people are getting bored with same games, same controller but better graphics.....the wii dosn't follow that pattern and is something different....

good luck with your new wii

Stunna said:
stick with the wii mate
360 controls are crap
wii's are so much fun

Although it's your opinion, everybody is entitled to their own so I suggest you don't say stuff like that. Even if you want to say that kind of stuff, post some reasons why you think so and you may sound more convincing.

lol
ok

360's controls are rather bad compared to the nintendo wii, the anologue sticks to aim in FPS games are really poor and you find yourself taking around 30 seconds to aim. Whereas the Wii you just point and BANG!

Also too much is happening with the 360 controls all at once, its hard to run, jump and shoot at the same time because of the controller, whereas wii, you can aim with your controller, use the numchuck to move forwards and a little flick upwards on the controller (not too much to loose aim) and you can do it :D

360s are good yeah, only if your a real gamer, theyre basically not as good offline than online, but the wii's catching up, many more online games for the wii are coming out.
what 360 has the edge over the wii is in the graphics department, but wii's are supposed to be fun, and not be all this HD, i have a HDTV in my living room, but if wanted to play games when i wanted my parents and other family members wouldnt allow it :p

so theres a little more convincing info FR

It's a done deal

Ok well i already got my trade in credit and my Wii is coming in a day or two
so i'm going to enjoy it for a while and collect all my favorite nintendo titles.

Tennis will keep you amused!

Red Steel
Zelda
Resident Evil
Mario

Are all worth a look!

Macmutt said:
Ok well i already got my trade in credit and my Wii is coming in a day or two
so i'm going to enjoy it for a while and collect all my favorite nintendo titles.

Well, you've made some ups and downs on both ends but if getting the Wii makes you happy, then there you go. I would suggest getting LOZ: TP, MP 8, MP3: C (August 20), SSBB (November?) and if there are any sports you like there is a game for each one (mostly). Enjoy your Wii and if you need any help, just PM me.

As of right now, the Xbox 360 is a better system, with a greater variety of games, many of which are of very high quality.

Back