The Moveset Thread

I went the more lulzy path with that, Tragonite, though it's not practical. ^^; Thanks.
I would say it's better than the previous version
However I don't understand why Sableye needs two projectile moves
And why does Sableye have to disappear in Powder Gem?
To make it more unique then just shooting out a laser.

And a lot of characters have two projectiles.

To make it more unique then just shooting out a laser.
Still awkward. There are other ways to make it unique. Like the effect of Powder Gem and such
And a lot of characters have two projectiles.
I see a Din's Fire and a Dimensional Cape ROB Laser hybrid, two things that don't exactly fit with a Pokémon with a higher base attack than special attack

I edited Power Gem. Though I disagree with Will o wisp being Dins Fire, since it's not meant to be a nuke, rather, it's supposed to give Sableye time to run up and attack.

I kinda like the improvement
but here is what I would do

Side B: Power Gem
Sableye charges and launches a bunch of gem fragments in the direction pressed. This move can be charged but the charge cannot be carried. If this move is used with no charge, two gems will be launched in front of Sableye in random forward trajectories. When fully charged it sends a wave of gems each one moving in a random forward trajectory. This move deals small amount of damage and knockback for each projectile.

Down B: Will-o-Wisp
Sableye is engulfed in a dark flame. When used on the ground, the flames spread on the ground weakening the farther they travel away from Sableye. Any opponent hit by these flames will receive small fire damage and good knockback.

I'm unsure of what I think of those. While it makes the Down B more unique, it somewhat strays from what it does in the Pokemon games. Power Gem is interesting, though, and stays true to its in game incarnation. I'll see what other people say.

Sableye is engulfed in a dark flame. When used on the ground, the flames spread on the ground weakening the farther they travel away from Sableye. Any opponent hit by these flames will receive small fire damage and good knockback.
How far?

a little bigger than Ike's fully charged B and less than Donkey Kong's Down B

Witness Awesome

RatonhnhakeacutetonConnorKenwayMoveset_zpsb1237725.png

Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway) Moveset
RatonhnhakeacutetonConnorKenwaySmall_zps136eb5e5.png

Ratonhnhaké:ton, the life scratcher, is a half Native American assassin who lived during the American Revolutionary War. He grew up in the Kanien'kehá:ka village where he learned to hunt. Fate later led him to join the Assassin's Brotherhood. He was trained by former assassin Achilles Davenport in the ways of the assassin and gave Ratonhnhaké:ton the English name Connor. He spent most of his time fighting the Templars, more specifically, he was seeking revenge.

Connor is a medium weight character who is a little taller than Marth and a little bit smaller than Ganon. He can wall cling but cannot crawl. Connor is can run pretty fast and can attack fast. Overall, Connor is in the middle of Altaïr and Ezio in both speed and power but his tomahawk range is a little shorter than their swords.

Neutral B: Bow
Connor pulls out his bow and fires an arrow. This move can be charged and the charge cannot be carried. This move can be angled but not like Pit's arrows. Connor's bow can be angled in any angle only in the direction he is facing excluding completely up and completely down. When fully charged this move has a range of a little less than 1.5 Final Destinations. This move deals good damage, has great projectile speed, and dishes out good knockback when fully charged. When not full charged the arrow goes about half of Final Destination and it could possibly go more depending on the angle it was fired.

Side B: Jump Assassination (Hidden Blade)
Connor jumps either right or left (depending on the direction pressed) and unsheathes both of his hidden blades. This can be used to cover horizontal “ground” in the air. If it hits the enemy it makes the Assassinate sound. It also drains the shield on a shielding enemy a lot more than other attacks. This move is quick, gives good damage and knockback. It also can spike if timed right.

Alternate Side B:
--------------------------------------------------------
Side Tilt B: Jump Assassination (Tomahawk)
Connor jumps either right or left (depending on the direction pressed) and draws his famous tomahawk. This covers less ground than his Side B but it does more damage and does greater knockback. However this move does not spike and does not possess a shield breaking ability.
Up B: Eagle’s Flight
Connor is launched skyward with a transparent blue eagle surrounding him (Similar to the Falcon Punch). The only direction it can be preformed is up. It is a great recovery that has a large ledge grab range. It is slightly slower than Marth’s Up B. This move will exhaust Connor leaving him vulnerable in the air and deal great damage and knockback.

Down B: Shard of Eden
Warning! This move contains minor spoilers. Read at your own risk.
A piece of First Civilization technology which previously belonged to the infamous Captain William Kidd. This ring protects Connor from projectiles ranging from Link's arrows to Fox's lasers to Solid's rockets to Samus' rockets and lasers. Connor puts his hand up and reflects the projectile. If timed right it will reflect the projectile right back at the opponent. This move can be done indefinitely but that would be unwise because it leaves Connor open for a melee attack. Just holding it will reflect the projectile in any direction. When reflecting a yellow shield will flash over Connor. This move also has the ability to move an opponent back a little in its first seconds.

Alternate Down B:
Down B: Snare
Connor bends down and sets up a snare. Any opponent who steps on it will be stunned for three seconds giving Connor enough time to land an attack. This attack does no damage and knockback. Furthermore Connor must be on the ground to perform it. The snare will not affect the user but a team mate will be affected. Opponents can remove the snare by attacking it. Connor can only have one snare out or one trip mine out at a time.

Down Tilt B: Trip Mine
Connor bends down and sets up a trip mine. Anyone who steps on it will set off an explosion. The explosion has an impressive blast radius and does good damage and knockback. Connor must be on the ground to perform it and he can only have one trip mine out or one snare out at a time.
Final Smash: The Aquila, Ghost of the North Sea
Connor instantly disappears in a flash (Animus style) while the whole screen is flashing like a desynchronization. A short cut scene is played where Connor is on his ship the Aquila. Connor will be in his sea captain's uniform and will stride to the helm of his ship. The crashing of waves, the sounds of seagulls, and the hustle of his men can be heard. Once Connor is at the helm of the Aquilla he looks over the starboard side and sees the stage which he was on just a moment ago. He gives the order to bear the starboard guns. The player controls two types of cannons; the swivel guns and the broadside guns. There will be a white aiming target for the swivel guns and white lines are visible connecting the swivel guns to the aiming target. For the broadside guns, there will be a white flashing area of the stage which indicates where the broadside guns are aiming. The left stick controls the swivel guns aiming target and the right stick controls the broadside guns target area. This Final Smash lasts for thirty seconds. The swivel guns reload faster than the broadside and deals amazing damage and knockback. Both types of cannons aim independently. The broadside has the chance of firing one of three types of shots each time the broadside is fired. There is a fifty percent chance that the broadside will fire the normal round shot. The round shot is the typical type of cannon ammunition. The opponents on the stage have the chance to dodge the rounds. However it is difficult to do so as they travel very fast. The round shot deals amazing damage and knockback. The second type of shot, grapeshot, has a thirty percent chance to happen. It is impossible to dodge these and it deals great damage and knockback. The third type of shot, hot shot or heated shot, has a twenty percent chance to happen. These can be dodged but any opponent in the area of a hot shot will be dealt fire damage. The hot shot deals extreme damage and knockback. After the thirty seconds the ship will disappear Animus style and Connor will fall from the top of the stage in his usual attire.

Grabbing: Connor throws out a rope dart and pulls the enemy towards him. This is a long ranged grab similar to Link's grab and Samus' grab. This will also work in the air, making it an effective Z-air and a recovery option. Has a long ending lag making this move punishable but it does have a shorter ending lag when it is used when Connor is running.

Pummel: Connor punches the opponent in the gut.

Forward Throw: Connor jumps and kicks the opponent with both feet sending the opponent forward. This move will KO at high percents.

Back Throw: Connor turns and throws the opponent over his shoulder.

Up Throw: Connor tosses the opponent skyward.

Down Throw: Connor throws the opponent into the ground and draws his pistols. Then he fires two shots into the opponent sending him forward and upward.

Jab: Connor swings his tomahawk from up to down at a slant. This first move stuns the opponent giving barely enough knockback to keep him there. On the next strike, Connor slashes horizontally with his tomahawk dealing good damage and knockback.

Neutral Air: Connor performs the basic kick like Mario, Link, Samus, and Sheik.

Side A: Connor takes a lower fighting stance while wielding his tomahawk above his head. He then strikes vertically with his tomahawk.

Side Tilt: Connor takes a step forward and jabs with the bottom end of his tomahawk.

Forward Air: Connor quickly swings his tomahawk downward at a slight slant.

Back Air: Connor quickly spins around and kicks.

Up A: Connor swings his tomahawk in a wide arc above him.

Up Tilt: Connor slashes with his right hidden blade and stabs with his left detachable hidden blade.

Up Air: Connor back flip kicks striking the space above him and behind him.

Down A: Connor swings his tomahawk low then he swings it backwards and low.

Down Tilt/Crouch Attack: Connor quickly sweeps his leg under the opponent.

Down Air: Connor bends his body back and slashes with his tomahawk below him. This move will spike.

Dash Attack: Connor tackles the enemy. If no one is there, he recovers into a roll.

Ground Attack: Connor performs a kick-up, creating a small shock wave.

Ledge Attack Below 100%: Connor launches himself up and uses his downward momentum to land a solid punch.

Ledge Attack Above 100%: Connor grabs the ground right before the ledge with his hidden blade and pulls himself up. If someone it there he will grab/stab there foot and throw them off the stage.

Stage Entry: Connor materializes (Animus style).

Victory Pose #1: A hoodless Connor dematerialization (Animus style).

Victory Pose #2: Connor moves his tomahawk expertly and says something in his native language.

Up Taunt: Connor pulls out both pistols and crosses his arms in front of his chest.

Side Taunt: Connor pulls out his bow and tests the string by pulling on it.

Down Taunt: Connor takes off his hood and examines the ground for clues.

Homing projectiles: worst nightmare for brawlers that don't know how to shield.

Or dodge in general, dodging is better IMO. In fact the only times I tap L or R is to initiate a dodge roll. I hardly use the shield.

I'm not a moveset maker. Just here to post random comments.

Then get t' work, ya scrub. Don't be a hypocrite. :p

Sableye Moveset (Attempt 2)

302Sableye.png

Sableye is a lightweight character whose speed is slightly above average.

B: Fury Swipes

Sableye swipes its claws around 5 times, very quickly. Each individual slash only does a bit of damage, but if they all hit they do a good amount.

If used on the ground, anything close to Sableye will be hit, as the swipes are used in an arch motion.

If used in the air, Sableye will swipe in front of himself, leaving anything above, below or behind him safe, but at the same time getting more horizontal range.

Down B: Power Gem

Sableye charges up while standing in place. The charge cannot be held by moving. If charged for less then two seconds, the attack does nothing. If charged for 2-4 seconds, Sableye shoots out an energy ball that resembles a diamond. When it hits something, it explodes, doing moderate knockback and good damage. If charged for at least 5 seconds, the diamond projectile is bigger, and does more damage and knockback. Not only that, but when it collides, the explosion sends out three smaller energy balls. These small diamonds have homing properties, and do a good amount of damage but no knockback.

Up B: Astonish

Sableye turns into a shadowy figure while jumping. The jump range is about as high as Charizard's Fly. If Sableye makes contact with an opponent during this jump, he reappears, grabs them, and yells into their face while smiling. This startles them, causing them to fall. Sableye, however, remains capable of attacking them.

However, if Sableye does not hit anyone, he will enter a falling animation at the end of the move.

Side B: Will-o-wisp

Sableye summons a ghostly bluish flame, and sends it towards and opponent. It moves fairly quickly, and can cover a wide range in front of Sableye. When an opponent is hit, they are hurt a little by burn damage, but the main advantage is that they're trapped by the fire for a few seconds. In this time Sableye can run up and attack. This attack makes Sableye lag for about two seconds if it is canceled, though, and Sableye can't move while controlling the flame.

This is the range the fireball can cover
----xxx
--xxxxxx
Xxxxxxxx

Final Smash: Shadow Crystal
For his Final Smash, Sableye jumps in the air, and encases himself in a giant shadow crystal that sprouts from the ground. In this form, he can fire thick lasers of dark energy anywhere on the stage, doing little knockback but lots of damage. The laser recharges after about two seconds. This final smash has no timer; rather, it ends when Sableye's opponents break open the crystal, which can take quite a beating.

A Attacks:

Neutral A: Sableye slashes in from of him. Does little damage and a fair amount of knockback, meaning it's not great for chaining damage.
Side A: Sableye unleashes a longer slash in front of him. Has less vertical range then Neutral a, but more horizontal.
Up A: Sableye levitate himself in the air and quickly turns over to unleash two kicks into the air. Not much range or damage, but a fair amount of knockback.
Down A: Levitates himself inches above the ground and unleashes a kick in front of him.
Dash attack: Sableye uses Low Sweep to use a sliding kick attack. Good range, but little damage and knockback. Has a chance to trip.

Normal Smash: Sableye charges up, and when he's finished, he unleashes a powerful Shadow Claw in front of him. Average damage, but a lot of knockback.
Up Smash: Sableye charges up by focusing physic power into his head, then jumps up and heatbutts the air. This attack is Zen Headbutt. Average damage and lots of knockback.
Down Smash: Sableye charges up, and unleashes a shadowy explosion on the ground, hitting all those close to him. Little knockback but lots of damage.

Neutral Air: Sableye shoots out a small burst of ghostly flame that hits all sides of him. Little damage and knockback.
Forward Air: Sableye bites in front of him. Almost no knockback, but good damage.
Down air: Sableye does a flip in the air and slashs underneath him. Little damage and decent knockback.
Up Air: Sableye levitates himself into the air at high speed head first, has good range and knockback, but little damage. Due to this attack helping to gain vertical area, there's a two second lag time after it's used.

Hold: Sableye uses Telekinesis to hold an opponent in midair. Doesn't last as long as other holds.
Pummel: Scratches the enemy.
Forward Throw: Sableye unleashes a shadowy blast from his eyes right into the opponent, point black, causing a decent amount of damage and a lot of knockback.
Up Throw: Sableye uses Psychic to throw the opponent into the air, causing little damage but a lot of knockback.
Back throw: Sableye quickly teleports to the other side of the opponent and slashes them away. Little damage but lots of knockback.
Down Throw: Sableye jumps over the opponent and unleashes a shadowy burst that knocks them into the ground. Good amount of knockback and high damage.

Ledge attack: Sableye jumps onto the stage and lunges towards the opponent to bite them.
Ground attack: Sableye creates a small explosion of shadows, which he proceeds to use as cover to get up.

Stage entry: A crystal sprouts from the ground, and Sableye breaks out of it. Can be either blue, red, or green.
Victory Pose 1: Sableye laughs at the screen and tosses gems into his mouth, eating them.
Victory Pose 2: Sableye vanishes into the shadows, and reappears in front of one of the losers, startling them badly.
Taunt 1: Sableye grins at the screen while waving his fingers in the air.
Taunt 2: Sableye gets out a gem, and proceeds to lick it with a long tongue.
Taunt 3: Sableye shoots out a Will o wisp, while it proceeds to fly around his body, confusing him.
W-well? ._.

is betr

I see a Din's Fire and a Dimensional Cape ROB Laser hybrid, two things that don't exactly fit with a Pokémon with a higher base attack than special attack

While I agree with this point, almost all of Sableye's A moves use it's claws anyways. Special Attacking moves for B (Special) moves makes plenty'a sense.

I kinda like the improvement
but here is what I would do

Side B: Power Gem
Sableye charges and launches a bunch of gem fragments in the direction pressed. This move can be charged but the charge cannot be carried. If this move is used with no charge, two gems will be launched in front of Sableye in random forward trajectories. When fully charged it sends a wave of gems each one moving in a random forward trajectory. This move deals small amount of damage and knockback for each projectile.

dis is gewd

Witness Awesome

RatonhnhakeacutetonConnorKenwayMoveset_zpsb1237725.png

Bleh, I knew I should'a finished the moveset yesterday... You win this round. ¬_¬ Not readin' it 'till I'm done with mine, obviously.

Dodging is better IMO. In fact the only times I tap L or R is to initiate a dodge roll. I hardly use the shield.

nope.avi

Dodging a slew of projectiles, say (T)Link's boomerang will only get ya hit by the bomb or even an attack if you get in close. Power shielding is one'a the most important techniques t' break through a good camper's Wall of Pain(ful projectiles).

Back