The Moveset Thread

Is there a maximum to the character count of posts? Planning to make a moveset.

Last edited:
Dragonite Moveset

dragonite.jpg

Dragonite is a heavy, moderately fast character, able to glide and perform 5 wing flaps after a jump.

I did not make this based off of my WiiChat username. I don't like this Pokemon at all, in fact.
It just seems easy to do a moveset on, so Wynaut?

B: Hyper Beam

Dragonite spits out an enormous white beam, with as much range but more power and knockback than R.O.B's lazer. It is also slightly larger.

This move is extremely powerful, and Dragonite has to wait 45 seconds before it can be used again. It cannot be used in the air.
If tried before the recharge is finished, Dragonite will only open his mouth and push himself back a bit.

Side B: Body Slam

Dragonite rushes and slams into the opponent, doing good damage and fair knockback.

If it's used on the ground, and it misses, Dragonite's head gets planted into the ground and is vulnerable for half a second.

If used in the air, and successful, he will attempt to sit on his opponent, grabbing them and putting them under him. Great damage and good knockback.
Then both of them are spiked downwards, making this a horrible (and suicidal) recovery move. If not successful, Dragonite is tired out and falls.

Up B:
Thunder

A giant thunderbolt falls under him, propelling him upwards. (In other words he shits out a giant thunderbolt) Good damage, great knockback.

It can go through platforms, has the same range as Pikachu's Thunder, and cannot spike downwards.

Anyone who is touched by Dragonite is also damaged slightly, until he starts falling.

Down B: Fire Blast

Five fireballs gather around him, and once they all meet an explosion follows. The explosion is the length of 3 Dragonites and the height of 1 and 1/3.

The fireballs do no damage, so an enemy can approach while it is being used. This move cannot be charged and takes 2 seconds to fully use. Good damage, fair knockback.

If used in the air, an automatic smaller explosion happens, only the size of 1 Dragonite. He is then tired out and falls.

Final Smash:
Draco Meteor
Dragonite flies to the top-center of the screen and starts unleashing multiple comets in rapid succession. Able to break enemy shields.
They can only fire in one direction, and can be aimed left or right. Great damage and great knockback.

A Attacks:

Neutral A: Dragonite slashes twice, and the third time he spins around quickly and smacks the opponent with his tail. Third A is risky of tripping.
Side A:
Dragonite punches straight out in front of him.
Up A:
He thrusts his head upwards, hitting anyone on top of or directly next to him.
Down A:
Claws at the ground once.
Dash Attack:
Headbutts the opponent.

Side Smash: Throws his head down in the direction it is used. Similar but less range than Bowser's Smash. Good damage and little knockback.
Up Smash: His head glows pink and is thrust upwards at an opponent. (Zen Headbutt) Great damage and good knockback.
Down Smash: Stomps on the ground once furiously, damaging anyone to either side of Dragonite. Great damage and fair knockback.

Neutral Aerial: Spins around in a circular motion. Anyone hit by his tail is hurt.
Forward Aerial: Does a forward slash, arching downwards. Does not spike.
Back Aerial: Flaps his wings in the opponent's face.
Up Aerial: Slashes upwards, although not directly upwards. Depends on the direction he is facing when used.
Down Aerial: Kicks under him, meteor smashing anyone who is hit. Hard to aim as it has little range. (Does fewer damage than Ganondorf's)

Grab Attack: Butts head into the opponent.
Forward Throw: Smashes head straight into opponent, like a bull. Fair damage and fair knockback.
Back Throw: Chokes opponent and kicks at them backwards. Good damage and fair knockback.
Up Throw: Throws opponent upward and finishes with a slap of his tail. Fair damage and good knockback.
Down Throw: Sits on opponent. Good damage and good knockback.

Ledge Attack: Rams into opponent once half of his body is up.
Stage Entry: Flies down to the stage from above the screen.

Up Taunt: Roars loudly and angrily for a good amount of time.
Down Taunt: Falls asleep while standing up, and then awakens, startled.
Side Taunt: Dragonite starts jumping and dancing about.
Victory Pose 1: Roars and shows his sharp teeth, and then calmly licks his paws.
Victory Pose 2: ​Gets out a Berry and starts eating it, staining his mouth.

Turned out a bit.......bigger, than I had expected. :lol:

Questions and comments are appreciated.

Last edited:
Pretty good moveset, I'd say.

Yeah, Dragonite is pretty blah. I don't understand why it's as popular as it is, aside from sheer power.

Thanks!! My first one, took a heck of a long time for a lazy person like me. :lol:

I chose him for my first because he has a wide variety of moves that can be learned, unlike someone with a set moveset like Audino. (1 type)
In other words, I don't like him much either. :p

I did not make this based off of my WiiChat username. I don't like this Pokemon at all, in fact.
BatmanintheRain.gif

B: Dragon Pulse

Resembling Charizard's Flamethrower, Dragonite spits out purplish fire.

It extends directly in front of him, unlike the other attacks, and can be aimed up or down.
Why copy Charizard and Bowser when Dragonite has a more power move he is famous for...

HYPER BEAM FOOL!!!!!

Side B: Body Slam

Dragonite rushes and slams into the opponent, doing good damage and fair knockback.

If it's used on the ground, and it misses, Dragonite's head gets planted into the ground and is vulnerable for half a second.

If used in the air, and successful, he will attempt to sit on his opponent, grabbing them and putting them under him. Great damage and good knockback.
Then both of them are spiked downwards, making this a horrible (and suicidal) recovery move. If not successful, Dragonite is tired out and falls.
This move needs a bit of work
Up B: Thunder

A giant thunderbolt falls under him, propelling him upwards. (In other words he shits out a giant thunderbolt) Good damage, great knockback.

It can go through platforms, has the same range as Pikachu's Thunder, and cannot spike downwards.

Anyone who is touched by Dragonite is also damaged slightly, until he starts falling.
Another copy
Try ExtremeSpeed

Down B:
Fire Blast

Five fireballs gather around him, and once they all meet an explosion follows. The explosion is the length of 3 Dragonites and the height of 1 and 1/3.

The fireballs do no damage, so an enemy can approach while it is being used. This move cannot be charged and takes 2 seconds to use. Good damage, fair knockback.

If used in the air, an automatic smaller explosion happens, only the size of 1 Dragonite. he is then tired out and falls.
You need Outrage in there somewhere
Final Smash: Draco Meteor
Dragonite flies to the top-center of the screen and starts unleashing multiple comets in rapid succession. Able to break enemy shields.
They can only fire in one direction, and can be aimed left or right. Great damage and great knockback.
Need's a bit of reworking

Turned out a bit.......bigger, than I had expected. :lol:
They all do

Overall not a bad moveset for a first time

Last edited:
Thanks!! My first one, took a heck of a long time for a lazy person like me. :lol:

I chose him for my first because he has a wide variety of moves that can be learned, unlike someone with a set moveset like Audino. (1 type)
In other words, I don't like him much either. :p
Woah woah woah, hold the phone there, Audino actually has a really good movepool. As do a lot of pure Normal types.

Why copy Charizard and Bowser when Dragonite has a more power move he is famous for...

HYPER BEAM FOOL!!!!!
Overkill. Couldn't think of how Hyper Beam would work.

This move needs a bit of work
How?

Another copy
Try ExtremeSpeed
I want a damaging move.

You need Outrage in there somewhere
Need's a bit of reworking
Had that idea for a Neutral B, couldn't think of one.

Woah woah woah, hold the phone there, Audino actually has a really good movepool. As do a lot of pure Normal types.
Change my mind. MAGIKARP.

You wanna see a Magikarp learn Thunder and Fire Blast? And Dragon Pulse and Draco Meteor?

Overkill. Couldn't think of how Hyper Beam would work.
Nein
Neutral B or Side B: Hyper Beam
Dragonite charges for a second (the amount of time it takes to perform a Falcon Punch) and unleashes a wide laser beam. The laser has infinite range but weakens the farther away the laser beam is from Dragonite. Close up it does amazing knockback and damage. After using Hyper Beam, I can't be used until Dragonite is KO'ed or 2 minutes have passed, what ever comes first. This move can be tilted but not completely up nor completely down.

How many movesets have you read?
They have much more detail and such

B: Hyper Beam

Dragonite spits out an enormous white beam, with as much range but more power and knockback than R.O.B's lazer. It is also slightly larger.

This move is extremely powerful, and Dragonite has to wait 45 seconds before it can be used again. It cannot be used in the air.
If tried before the recharge is finished, Dragonite will only open his mouth and push himself back a bit.
It was changed before I saw your post. There is your Hyper Beam.

EDIT:

How many movesets have you read?
They have much more detail and such
I'm lacking detail? :(
Can't argue with that though, even I call myself an "uncreative" person.

Last edited:
Fifteen seconds is too short

Neosquid said:
I mean it's a fat dragon, I don't dislike it, but I don't get why people like it so much.
Must be a perk of being a pseudo, as well as the first dragon type.
Dragonite are okay
If you can't respect Dragonite and think its just meh...
[video=youtube;i-AwlF7j794]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-AwlF7j794&feature=share&list=LL8jfttCixSy5sZfQUcMkU0Q[/video]

Fifteen seconds is too short
Figured. It was fixed shortly after that was typed. How is 45?

Neosquid said:
I mean it's a fat dragon, I don't dislike it, but I don't get why people like it so much.
Neosquid said:
Must be a perk of being a pseudo, as well as the first dragon type.

You actually went on my page and found that? :lol:

Since this is your first moveset and it is decent...
I will give it my approval

Needz moar elaboration all around and more creativity. I would feel this Moveset would have worked better in Melee where "clones" ran amok, but not for the successor to SSBB. It's not bad, it just feels incomplete and lacking a certain genu se qua.

Back