The Offical Save this Forum Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or like the Vets thread. Kumoriken could have only allowed vets to enter that thread. This would have helped since non-vets ruined and got it locked.

Post count should also be disabled, just like rep and there other things i previously said.

Rep=get rid of it

Post Count=no

1) I don't even think there's an option to get rid of Post Count.

2) It shows how active the member is, and if you see a really good post by someone, then look and see that they have 2k posts, you (or at least I do) get the impression that he could post a lot of spam to get to 2k, but instead he has 2k thoughtful posts, implying that he's a good member...

It would just be stupid to get rid of post counts.

ssbb_lover said:
Or like the Vets thread. Kumoriken could have only allowed vets to enter that thread. This would have helped since non-vets ruined and got it locked.
like the pokenoobs, they should ONLY enter a poke thread and nothing else

But I have seen people join this month and nearly have 1K posts, they must have no life..

lee.jarratt said:
But I have seen people join this month and nearly have 1K posts, they must have no life..
That's what I mean! By using the post count numbers you can tell who that person (generally) is.

ssbb_lover said:
That's what I mean! By using the post count numbers you can tell who that person (generally) is.

I see your point, i were wrong.
But who is with me about closing the 'rate me's type threads? it builds up peoples self-confidence and they end up being full of themselves (like 1 person who has changed due to the steep sudden increase of rep and popularity, not mentioning names)

lee.jarratt said:
But who is with me about closing the 'rate me's type threads? it builds up peoples self-confidence and they end up being full of themselves (like 1 person who has changed due to the steep sudden increase of rep and popularity, not mentioning names)
yeah, it has to go.
it cause to much problem

lee.jarratt said:
:)
lee.jarratt said:
I wouldn't mind it at all. I like the "Define the Member Above You" thread though, it's a bit different. I like posting there randomly from time to time. I just posted there after not doing so for about 2 weeks or more.

ONE word guys, DRAMA.

leave it in the soap operas. Communities change, it fluxuates. Nothing you can do will stop this, and making threads about some forum revolution is just...well pretty sad. Its a forum, not a country held by an evil dictator.

If you want to make a difference, just post good topics, if not you can always start your own forum. Its as simple as getting a host, getting a domain name, using preexisting forum software and wala. You are all set to dictate your own forum.

lee.jarratt said:
Yeah, I remember the great days in December :)

And then the miserable, boring days of today..
i really didnt think this site was all that bad right now, but now that you mentioned that......
it reminded me that i did use to find this forum more entertaining, and there was always exciting conversations going on..
now its dull
i miss when someone would get banned everyone would go: OMG!!!!!!!!!1111one
but now its like: lawl newb! (it just so happens im quoting lee jarratt at the moment....:lol: :wink: )

also lee, i dig the hair style.

Good luck with the whole "forum cleansing" thing.
I'll be in the hell hole with my witty comments and my beat stick.

Gymdawg said:
Good luck with the whole "forum cleansing" thing.
I'll be in the hell hole with my witty comments and my beat stick.
And the satisfaction of losing SOTW...every week. But in losing SOTW you're the best...hmm.

"~SOTW Champion~" is such a great title for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back