The Offical Save this Forum Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well sorry if some were putting me in with the "giving 10/10" thing. I have just done that mainly because I have been bored. If it is a problem I will stop.

I want wiichat to go back to what it was like when I joined this.
Fun

Gymdawg said:
Alright fine, but talking in caps on the internet is often considered shouting. I'll just pray your fingers get a sore throat...
i know..and when i said " WHERE THE HELL IS i0n" i ment it by shouting because we could really use his help in this

Well sorry if some were putting me in with the "giving 10/10" thing. I have just done that mainly because I have been bored. If it is a problem I will stop.

Its not much of a problem as it is a scape goat in my opinion. I'm sorry Demon Slayer but I can't see the "Rate This User" thread as a reason for some of the problems Wiichat may currently be facing.

Syntax said:
Its not much of a problem as it is a scape goat in my opinion. I'm sorry Demon Slayer but I can't see the "Rate This User" thread as a reason for some of the problems Wiichat may currently be facing.
it's a minor problem..but it can be one..

I don't see how it can be that big of a problem..

Its really causing no people any harm. Also its not like everybody in that thread takes it seriously. Also if it was a problem I believe it would have been removed beforehand.

i say those threads really dont matter. they are in the "Board Games" section, therefor only games. as for the rep system, it would be ok if people didnt make such a big deal of it, but if it needs to go then go ahead and get rid of it. really, wats the big deal with rep? why do people want it so badly? "I'm famous on a forum called wiichat!" so what? ill admit, i like rep, it makes me feel apreciated, but im not crazy about it and dont beg for it.

Last edited:
Shoko said:
i say those threads really dont matter. they are in the "Board Games" section, therefor only games. as for the rep system, it would be ok if people didnt make such a big deal of it, but if it needs to go then go ahead and get rid of it. really, wats the big deal with rep? why do people want it so badly? "I'm famous on a forum called wiichat!" so what? ill admit, i like rep, it makes me feel apreciated, but im not crazy about it and dont beg for it.
Right now by the way i look at it...if this continues i would be ashame to even say im in a Forum called wiichat..ppl would say..Why are you in a noob Forum...but it isn't, well atleast it was never ment to be like that..The Rep are causing Problems...i don't mind getting Rep points as well..but even i thinks its getting to my own head...i say it goes..

Star Striker said:
I say raise the age restrictions to 15 and remove the rules on language and mature content.
That wouldn't work man...every one lies about their ages..before i was 18 i always entered places like Youtube and i put my age above 18..it will never work..besides it's not always the kids that do a noobish job..Ginger is 16...
Although i like the way you think..thanks for your Sujestion

Star Striker said:
Well then just round the noobs up and burn them on a bonfire.....

:lol:

Maybe not.........

Bad for the enviroment ;)
oooh I really like how you think..lol..nah im kidding..ah if only Murder wasn't against the Law..lol..joking again...but yeah...alright here is one thing that im positive that no one does. The FAQS, Im 100% sure no one uses it when they Join..i know i didn't use it when i first Join..boy the first few days i was a total noob myself..until i learned quickly. and we have to realize this, everyone that joins will be a noob..some get better some just stays like that...ok well like i was saying about the FAQS no one goes on it thats for sure, for them FAQ= the same thing as Terms of Agreements that everyone just put I Accept and dosn't Read it...lol seriously who reads it anyways?!? i don't, it's not worth my time i know what it is and thats it..now because no one uses the FAQ they don't know what the Forums are about and how to use them...so we need to find a way to teach them how to use this Forum.if we can turn at least 1 noob into a normal intelligent forum user and we tell him to teach his fellow noobs and then they teach the other one, like a chain..we might be able to solve this problem of noobs...but that seems kinda to good to be true..so im not sure it would work..anyone think it's a good or a bad idea?.. Remember there is no Bad answers, baisicly this Thread is likea trial and Error, we think of ideas an talk them threw. so your opinion on my Idea, And try not to insult it please if its to much of a bad idea..i still want to remain my spirit up to try to keep finding solutions

Hopefully I'll be able to cover most of the stuff that has already been posted in this thread..

1.1 The Board Games Dilemma:

Lately there have been some concerns about two threads in the "board game" sub-forum. The two threads which I will be bringing my attention to are the "Rate The User Above You Thread" and the "How Famous Is The Person Above You" Thread. To start off I will be going over the first thread I mentioned.

After reading through about five to ten pages of the "Rate..." I noticed most people took no concern for their overall rating by other members. However there was some flaming during the time Ginger wasn't banned. Other than that the thread seemed fine. After all its just for fun. However if people did begin to take their rankings seriously then I can see this thread possibly being removed in the future but as for now it seems to have caused no problems.

Once again to start off I took the time to look through the last five pages of this thread I can't seem to find a problem with it. The general posts in this thread seem to be non serious and the people posting in it seem to be enjoying it. Thus there was no flaming towards each other (from what I read) and nobody really took it seriously.

In my opinion these two board game threads seem to be fine and lack a sense of seriousness. However seeing as the "Ginger Incident", if you will call it that, just came up I can see how these threads could possibly lead to problems if taken seriously. However thats not the case so I believe that both threads should remain open unless someone else has a better reason as to why they should be closed and or deleted.

1.2 Post Count To Be Removed

Over my five to six months of being a member here at Wiichat post count has never come across to me as a major problem here. However some members now seem to be worried or annoyed with the fact that some of the newer members who have recently joined within the last month seem to have 1k+ posts which tends to bother some people. If the reason that you guys want the post count removed is due to the fact that it may bother you that some members have posted 1k+ times in one or two months you need to remember one thing. Quality over quantity, one good post is better than 1k+ bad posts. You also have to remember that post count doesn't equal higher popularity.. or at least I hope..

As for making your post count invisible I see no need for it at this time. However if it becomes a problem later on in the future, which I doubt, it could always be changed to invisible.

1.3 Reputation

Lately I have noticed that the reputation system has become somewhat of a contest between some members to see who has the most rep. Or that people nowadays tend to be trading rep for pokemon which is wrong. In my opinion it should be removed because rep will only cause more problems down the road.

1.4 People Not Following The FAQ's

lol seriously who reads it anyways?!? i don't, it's not worth my time i know what it is and thats it..now because no one uses the FAQ they don't know what the Forums are about and how to use them...so we need to find a way to teach them how to use this Forum.

This problem has already been solved. If you have noticed there are various tutorials located throughout the forum on how to become a better member and how to use this sites features. Also whenever you go into a thread that is obviously spam a member will usually tell that person what their doing is wrong and that they should read over the forum rules.

1.5 Moderators

Now I'm not saying that the current moderating team is doing a bad job however it possibly wouldn't hurt to add a few more moderators. Reason being is that Wiichat is an active site which tends to be growing faster each day with arrivals of five to ten members along with 3,000 posts being made each day. Here are some statistics... helpful or not..

Current Moderators/Super Moderators/Admin: 13
Amount Of Posts/Day: 3,000
Moderators To Posts Per Day: 1 to 230 posts

Currently our moderators have been doing a great job of removing spam, banning members, locking and deleting threads etc. However I don't think it would hurt to add a few moder moderators to help clean up this site. Another idea would be to make some of the current regular section moderators super moderators. Thus they would be able help out with various parts of the forum.

1.6 Pokemon Fans

Currently there is still some trouble with the pokemon fans here at wiichat. Mainly most of these members (not all) who have joined have little to no respect for the forum rules and or policies. Which leads some of them to believe that their better than the other members here at wiichat or above the rules. Now the situation in my opinion has been mostly taken care of except for a few bugs in the system. Various moderators have taken their time to sticky threads in the pokemon section, ban members and close threads. So this problem has mostly been taken care of. However many people still tend to call them "Poke Noobs" even though most of the current pokemon fans tend to abide by the forum rules and would also like to help out. So by calling them "Poke Noobs" you are discouraging them and basically trolling and or flaming at the same time.

1.7 How To Improve Wiichat

- When you notice a new member who has re-posted a thread don't yell at him. Just give him a link to the previous thread and mention that he or she should probably read over the forum rules.

- Avoid flaming. If you disagree with someone try to stay on topic instead of going out and insulting that user. Most of the times flame wars start once someone goes out of line.

- Use the report button. Even though some of you have a feeling that it doesn't work it does.

I say raise the age restrictions to 15 and remove the rules on language and mature content.

By moving the age restriction up to fifteen we would possible be losing quite a few members. Also not all people under the age of fifteen break the rules so I find it unfair to blame all of those under the age of fifteen for someone elses misbehaviour. Also there is no need to change the forum to mature content etc. If you want to post on an adult site go ahead and do so however wiichat isn't that type of forum.

May edit later..

I think i0n should make a pokechat.com.. all the pokeheads go there, wiichat = pokefree =]

That alone would make wiichat an uber better site

I see what you mean, and you have very exelent points on the Subject as well, Props for that, however Syntaz, even if the mod are doing a good Job, Spamming is still happening, Flaming is still happening, and Wiichat is still falling, which mean with that being, there are still a lot of Problem, look about the Pokemon thing i cam to this Forum other time before and was disapointed to see all of the pointless Pokemon Threads, i even saw once two pokemon thread that were the same one next to the others and when i went in it, ppl were like..cool Thread on both even if it was the same..The case is simple..you can say all that..but there is still a problem..using the report button..you know what i learn that i don't think it does work...when Ginger attacked the forum, ppl sent out atleast 50 different Reports on him. Im not lying here i know i send out like almosty 20 of them. when he finally got Block is because someone had to find a Mod and PM that mod to ban him...2 Mods were online and none blocked him because of the Reports, None...i know that TLC does a great job as a mod, but the rest, i can't say the same, i know if i was a mod i would make sure that this site would remain clean...

I see what you mean, and you have very exelent points on the Subject as well, Props for that, however Syntax, even if the mod are doing a good Job, Spamming is still happening, Flaming is still happening,

Whether you like it or not spamming will never go away completely. Thus the reason we have mods. Spamming is a problem on every forum so we're not alone. Also the moderators are doing their best to remove these members along with their threads and posts.

there are still a lot of Problem, look about the Pokemon thing i cam to this Forum other time before and was disapointed to see all of the pointless Pokemon Threads, i even saw once two pokemon thread that were the same one next to the others and when i went in it, ppl were like..cool Thread on both even if it was the same

Sure it was bad back when the section was first created however I suggest you go check out the section now. Since you last visited that section there are more stickied threads and people are now following the forum rules. Sure somebody may double post here and there but other than that the section seems to be doing a lot better than it originally was.

..The case is simple..you can say all that..but there is still a problem..using the report button..you know what i learn that i don't think it does work...when Ginger attacked the forum, ppl sent out atleast 50 different Reports on him. Im not lying here i know i send out like almosty 20 of them.

The system does work and yes sometimes it helps to send a private message to a moderator. Also you don't need to send more than 1 report/post. It doesn't help and all it does is spam up that moderators said email. Also the moderators online could have been dealing with various other people etc or they may have been away and or offline.

i know that TLC does a great job as a mod, but the rest, i can't say the same, i know if i was a mod i would make sure that this site would remain clean...

It's easier said than done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back