The Offical Save this Forum Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Syntax said:
The system does work and yes sometimes it helps to send a private message to a moderator. Also you don't need to send more than 1 report/post. It doesn't help and all it does is spam up that moderators said email. Also the moderators online could have been dealing with various other people etc or they may have been away and or offline.

I know i send only one per post..but see this Flame war went on FOR 50 Pages it started at 215 and ended at 265 lasted 2 nights, Between those two nights he got banned 5 time by the same Mod because i told that Mod to do it. 50 pages with lets say 200 bad and flaming post from him, id say more reports the just 50 as i know some said they reported him for every bad thing he posted...YET NO ONE BANNED HIM until i had to find the Mod and tell her to do it. in the end the Mod said i don't care anymore, i'll let i0n take care of it. Right now Ginger is ok acting nice because i talked to him Personly and he wont do anything again and he's actually useing the Forum in a none noobish way. he's being more intelligent. look 50 page of flaming where you write 20 post in each page 50 X 20 = 1000 and he got banned because i had to find and tell the mod 5 times in the end the mod gave up and i was left with him and few of my friends to stop him. in the end we won...and the Flame war was over...

Maybe your right about this one situation but you don't know what the moderators have to go through each day.

- Constant private messages and emails sent to them throughout the day to help another member with something.

- Assuming this took place during the night Jill works night shifts or at least thats what I've heard. So if she was on later on she could have been tired and not up for dealing with this said user. Also you mentioned people kept sending reports and private messages I would assume it would be annoying to receive hundreds of private messages about one member over and over again. Also you mentioned Jill banned him five times. If thats not doing her job then I don't know what is.

I know you may disagree with me but if you were a moderator and decided to check the site after a late night and or work you would probably be tired as well and would probably not have the effort to constantly ban that said member. However I give you credit for talking to that member and letting him know what he was doing was wrong.

Side note... there are ways in which some people can change their i.p address so even if Jill game him a i.p ban he could have changed it thus causing more problems. Also this is a rare situation and usually never happens.

Last edited:
Syntax said:
Maybe your right about this one situation but you don't know what the moderators have to go through each day.

- Constant private messages and emails sent to them throughout the day to help another member with something.

- Assuming this took place during the night Jill works night shifts or at least thats what I've heard. So if she was on later on she could have been tired and not up for dealing with this said user. Also you mentioned people kept sending reports and private messages I would assume it would be annoying to receive hundreds of private messages about one member over and over again. Also you mentioned Jill banned him five times. If thats not doing her job then I don't know what is.

I know you may disagree with me but if you were a moderator and decided to check the site after a late night and or work you would probably be tired as well and would probably not have the effort to constantly ban that said member. However I give you credit for talking to that member and letting him know what he was doing was wrong.

Side note... there are ways in which some people can change their i.p address so even if Jill game him a i.p ban he could have changed it thus causing more problems. Also this is a rare situation and usually never happens.
Alright, which is clear that we need more mods.. and it is Clear that there should always be a mod on, and by doing that is to have more mods..

Should someone send a feedback Memo to i0n? saying, We need more mod (in a more professional way)?

Like I have said before most mods and or super moderators set their status to invisible or offline so you can't really tell whether or not their on.

Syntax said:
Like I have said before most mods and or super moderators set their status to invisible or offline so you can't really tell whether or not their on.
After a hundred reports yeah you can tell

I don't think its fair to blame the mods for this one situation..

i'm not blaming them, i just say there should be more and always one online..

That'd be nice if it could work out that way, wouldn't it? Sadly it can't. People can't spend their lives on this site.

ssbb_lover said:
That'd be nice if it could work out that way, wouldn't it? Sadly it can't. People can't spend their lives on this site.
It can work... More mods and a schedule..and Bam..it works

It wont work, sorry.

Also moderators shouldn't be forced to have a schedule seeing as their already taking time out of their day to help out this forum. So a schedule wont work. Another point is that it may seem easy for you but you just don't understand how hard it can be for the current moderators. You also have to realize that different moderators live in different time zones. So over all this would never work.

Last edited:
Syntax said:
It wont work, sorry.

Also moderators shouldn't be forced to have a schedule seeing as their already taking time out of their day to help out this forum. So a schedule wont work. Another point is that it may seem easy for you but you just don't understand how hard it can be for the current moderators. You also have to realize that different moderators live in different time zones. So over all this would never work.
Are you a secret Mod or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back