The One Character That Would've Made Brawl Perfect

That particular opinion was irrelevant to the point of the thread, however. You rated his choice of character, not the moveset.

And then we go into an infinite circle of what we both just said. You can stop trying to justify your post, bro.

That particular opinion was irrelevant to the point of the thread, however. You rated his choice of character, not the moveset.
Just checking the title refutes what you just said.

While movesets are important to this thread, the character's themselves are the kickers.

Just checking the title refutes what you just said.

Hence why I said you missed the thread, and therefore the point.

Sometime after the thread was made, the ol' Brawl community decided to start doin' these movesets and such for characters they wanted in Brawl. Since there was some pretty damn good ideas floating around, movesets became the purpose of the thread. So yes, the thread title is currently irrelevant. So now that you know, this off-topic tangent is done. So with all-due respect, stfu. ¬_¬

That, and you can quickly get sick of hearing newbies' two word posts exclaiming how much they'd love to have Shadow or Waluigi in the game...

Hence why I said you missed the thread, and therefore the point.

Sometime after the thread was made, the ol' Brawl community decided to start doin' these movesets and such for characters they wanted in Brawl. Since there was some pretty damn good ideas floating around, movesets became the purpose of the thread. So yes, the thread title is currently irrelevant.
If you're gonna lie, then you might as well have something to back it up. My statement was concerning a character not being likely to appear in Smash bros.
I would much rather Magus be playable than Crono, but we all know thats not happening. >_>
One of the participants in this thread shared similar opinions. Not irrelevant at all. In fact, most of this thread is just character appearances and the complete lack of movesets.
The sole maker of this tangent, was in fact, you.

If you're gonna lie, then you might as well have something to back it up. My statement was concerning a character not being likely to appear in Smash bros.

One of the participants in this thread shared similar opinions. Not irrelevant at all. In fact, most of this thread is just character appearances and the complete lack of movesets.
The sole maker of this tangent, was in fact, you.

And you're continuing this tangent like a damn fool. You're telling the Brawl guru, who's been tending to this thread for three years that you certainly haven't, what the purpose of the thread is or isn't. :lol: The reason so many herpaderp posts exist is because not everyone posting is at an intellectual or literal level (read as "n00b"), as well as the fact that once people are told to make their posts detailed, they stop posting. Now get with the times and accept my point, or shut up and get out of this thread. If you've got any more off-topic grievances with this utterly pointless discussion, keep them out of this thread; or I will.

Does anyone think mega man or Phoenix Wright should be in the next SSB

Everyone from the times of Wiichat olde knows how badly I want Zero in Brawl. Lemme find that sun'sabitch's moveset I made back in the day.

... And if Phoenix can make it to Marvel Versus Capcom, he can certainly make it to SSB4. :lol:

Found it! :D

Zero moveset

Up B: Chain Rod Recover/Rising Slash

Side B: Shield Boomerang/Triple Rod Combo

B: Z-Buster/Z-Sabre/Shield Boomerang

Down B: Counter/Shield Boomerang

His Up B is obviously one of two things - a rising slash with the Z Sabre, or an upwards jumping slash-throw with the chain rod. The chain rod however, can be used as a tether recovery if he's in range. If not, he leaps up with a weak hit, and then sends a spinning attack to combo into the previous hit.

So for the Chain Rod, if you hit the enemy as they grab the ledge with your first hit, you'll still get the ledge. The Chain Rod's recovery would probably go straight up, then the tether will go a large distance horizontal/slightly diagonal for grabbing the ledge.

The Rising Slash attack for his Up B instead would be pretty simple. Very similar to Marth's Up B, but probably along the lines of Roy's from Melee - multiple cuts are induced in one firm slashing motion upwards, the last hit giving knockback. It'd have a bit more left/right angle than Roy's and Marth's, though. Just less speed and damage.

His side B has a lot of potential for different moves. Number one is the Triple Rod Combo. Yes, it could be similar to Roy's/Marth's. Basically each hit he does adds another link to the Triple Rod, extending reach and power. The 4th hit will have the knockback without adding a link and of course, the direction you want to hit them in.

Another move for his Side B is the infamous Shield Boomerang. When he whips it out, it'l do very minor damage to anyone in front and turn them around like Pit's shield.

Once it's fully charged, it can deflect an actual attack once - if it does, Zero launches his boomerang immediately. If it's not charged it simply goes straight or slightly up and down, it can't be controlled easily. If it is fully charged though, you gain more control, and if an opponent is close by it homes in on them. It would also do more damage, of course - a full charged hit would have the speed of throwing one of Link's bombs at full speed.

Also note, projectiles will bounce off it while it is NOT fully charged, although the single attack deflect will count for a single projectile when it is fully charged. I'd say a non-charged boomerang goes as fast as Toon's non-smash speed Boomerang.

Neutral B has endless possibilities. It could be charging up his Z-Sabre, and hold it like Marth's Shield Breaker - however, it'd be a lot like D3's Down B. You can move with it, but only use that one attack. It'd have much less power than D3's though, but Zero still moves at full speed.

Another possibility is obviously, the Z-buster. It can be a rapid projectile like Toon's B, but on a straight path with little damage and a bit less range. However, if you hold down B after the first shot, you'll begin charging it. If you fire a half charged shot, you shoot 3 bullets. Fully charged, you'll shoot 3 bullets and a larger blast, which has good knockback and passable damage (for a 4th hit), although nothing impressive - only to build on more damage.

If the Shield Boomerang wasn't selected instead of the Triple Rod, it's definately usable here.

Down B is a giveaway, he's a sword fighter - he can use counter effectively. When he's going to counter, he leans forward quickly and holds his blade to his other side, sort of like preparing a batojutsu (unsheathing slash) without the sheath. If he gets hit while ready to counter, he dashes forward slightly and simply cuts. The cut is immediate and the hitbox homes in so if Zero does counter, it never misses.

Not too much knockback, but the range is impressive, and a shockwave behind him pushes enemies away if they somehow get behind before he counters.

Aside from that, he can use the Slash Wave technique, a very useful move in the MMZ series. Basically he charges as usual, and the longer he charges, the more damage this move does. When you release B, he slashes forwards, causing a shockwave of yellow energy as tall as him to travel forward. It does quite a bit of damage, although the knockback severely decreases the further it goes. The longer you charge it, the longer the shockwave travels.

Also, if you hit an enemy right in front of you, the slash generating the shockwave also does damage, which increases damage a bit more and then adds impressive knockback. He can't hold the charge or move around with it, however. Also note he cannot use or start this move in the air, just like DK's own Down B.

Again, Shield Boomerang could be used here even.

For the actual moveset combination, I personally like the Chain Rod Recovery (Up B), Triple Rod Combo (Side B), Z-Buster(B), and the Shield Boomerang. No counter attacks were a prominent move in the games after all, although if you were to throw it in I strongly recommend getting rid of Shield Boomerang for it. Many sword users do have a counter move, after all - but I think the Shield Boomerang makes Zero's Down B unique though, and it suits him more.

Also note he uses all his widely known weapons: A moves for Z-sabre, B moves use Triple Rod/Chain rod and Z-Buster. So the moveset the way I see it fits 'em pretty well.

I swear this makes me miss making movesets... Still, it's always entertaining to watch someone be utterly wrong and still argue to the death trying to make a dead statement live. I digress. I still would love to see some banjo kazooie characters I'n brawl. They made a formidable backbone on nintendos 64' years.

Storm, you made a Grunty moveset, yeah? You should repost it for the poor souls who have yet to see it.

Back