The Post-Game Thread (now with moar games!)

Disbanded every man I garrisoned in my towns, got married, grabbed my personal army of 170 top tier units, and renounced my oath to King Bloodedge... Everything's in place to begin the destruction of all opposing fanctions on the way to conquering all of Calradia.

[video=youtube;7edeOEuXdMU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7edeOEuXdMU[/video]

"Dollars"? He said denars, trust me.

Last edited:
Latest Patch
- Fixed older replays/demos not correctly displaying certain particle systems

Undocumented Changes
- TF2 now has schizophrenia

For about 10 minutes, I think the sound pointers and/or the sound files got jumbled up in the latest update.

Sentries sound like roflcopters.

Dispencer, when recieving ammo you'd hear the announcer say,"Two"

I think on upgrading or building you could also hear the announcer say,"Three"

Health packs made body impact sounds and Dispensers kept yelling at me about the control point being captured, among others.

I've never heard of a game becoming glitchier after a patch...

The Despot Oligarchy has risen to power in a flash thanks to my well-planned blitzkrieg, and the Nords lost territory so damn quickly (while at war with three other nations, none the less), they begged for a truce repeatedly. Not happening. I ain't agreeing to a truce until the other nations follow suit/they've little to no land left.

Moar low levels noobs are on Red Dead than ever; as well as clans that support hackin'. Still love the game, but as it ages, likewise does the following slowly get worse...

It's an update, not a patch. Those happen every week or so. It went away after 10 minutes.
[video=youtube;MT4IGOzFr0g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT4IGOzFr0g&feature=related[/video] Here's what we got.

Unlocking the Binkey car on Ridge racer 64 is dull

99 laps in time trails

Its gone from doing laps as fast as I can to holding down accelerate to cup holding the button

Moar fun with Red Dead co-op. Out of the 15 or so players encountered, all but one was a n00b, but this single guy wasn't even first prestige and kicked some serious ass... Had to stop ****in' around with the worst class and actually try to score high for once. :lol: I never prioritize score over aiding my team mates, of course.

Was also on fire in Undead Overrun, though my team mates also being n00bs didn't let me get my ridiculously high scores as per normal. Still did great of course; 86 kill chain in Sudden Death makes me happy.

... I can't remember the last time I said or typed the word "happy", and it feels strange sayin' it.

... Oh god. I fear that I am... emo!

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode II

Definitely better than Episode I. And hell of a difficult first boss. Not really all that difficult, but more challenging than you would expect a first boss to be. Also...

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode Metal

This is nice, playing through levels as my favorite Sonic villain. Props for that Sega.

Another good session of Red Dead Co-op. Quite a few friendly players surprisingly, not a single troll; although one newbie was bein' a dick at first, but we quickly solved our differences, ... by me throwing a stick of dynamite in his back. And proceeded to get along.

'Specially on the Walton's Gold mission. The two newbies in the lobby didn't know how the mission works, and instead of going into the mine where the mission objective was, they climbed on top of it... Then they both fell and killed themselves. Lol'd hard.

So it was up to me. I ain't gonna lose, I'm a pro. 40 against 1? Not a problem. Even without cover and in a bottleneck, I still weaved 'n headshot like a boss, dwindling their numbers from 40, to 3. I've obviously taken a few bullets at this point, so I turn back 'round the corner and recover my health just to be sure. Once I'm good, do a 180 and let the bullets fly.

Bang. First NPC is dead. Both remaining NPCs miss. Bang. Another one falls. And as I pull the trigger one final time...
An NPC headshots me.

... ... ... ASDFGIONHIGOBWIPRNGIP WHAT?!?!?!!?

fuuu.jpg

The CPU for Red Dead NEVER aims for a head shot, always center mass. But this bastard's aim was so bad, the bullet went up a good ****in' 45 degrees and scalped me good. REALLY GAME? REALLY?! The one bullet that hits me was an UNAIMED headshot?! whyyyyyyy

082.jpg

Still had fun regardless, but that bullshit made me lol and rage at the same time.

Last edited:
New update. Ridiculously expensive strange weapons are rereleased, meaning they will drop in price. Highballing sharkers who stocked up on them are raging. I love it!

I feel stupid for having forgotten all about Advanced Co-op (co-op with more difficult enemies, and no auto-aim) for nigh a year. HERPDERP

Since this stuff is nearly impossible to do without good team mates, I'mma have to buckle down and actually try hard for once... Said good team mates or not.

well, what kind of game red dead redemption?

Third-person shooter gameplay. The single player is set in the Wild West of America in 1911 (the time when the US Government is beginning to claim the frontier for it's own, encroaching on the lives of gangs and frontiersmen alike), following the story of John Marston, the protagonist of this fictional story line.

If you've played the most recent Grand Theft Auto, "throw the gamestyle into the Wild West with a ton of upgrades to gameplay and story alike" is the most bare-bones explanation anyone can give. It's a lot deeper than that though. It ain't just a GTA clone, which is a great thing. The most important aspect of the story is that, unlike every GTA game, there's the choice of morality. You can choose to be a lying, thieving, murdering sack of ****, or you can choose to be an actual human being.

Unlike GTA, there's a legitimate story. There's character development. There're unique personalities and characters that you may actually become attached to through the rich story of the game. Unlike GTA, there's a TON more to do in the game than simply free roaming and main missions. Side quests, side objectives, optional missions... All the optional content of the game probably doubles the playtime in single player, which is awesome since all of it is pretty damn fun to do.

Unlike GTA, this game is more than just going from mission to mission and shooting people. So much more. Whatever the GTA games lacked, Red Dead Redemption brings to the table en masse in all the right ways. The voice acting is great. It has a fantastic soundtrack (unlike GTA, again... 'less you count the stuff on the radio intended to make you laugh as music lol). Unless you hate GTA, you'd be foolish to not get this epic game of the year. There's a reason why it has a 95/100 on metacritic.

Oh, and I didn't even mention the multiplayer... Which is fantastic in it's own right too, it's what the multiplayer of a game truly should be. It's got the usual competitive game modes, be it Free for Alls or team modes where you capture objectives or simply try to kill the other team more than they kill you. All good 'n fun.

Then you've got Free Roam. In Free Roam, as you might be able to tell, you can do whatever the hell you want. Find the other players n' start a showdown, go hunting, screw around, take on gang hideouts... And more. All across the entire world of Red Dead.

And let me tell ya, the world in this game is absolutely huge. The only games I can think of that have larger lands to explore would be Skyrim and Xenoblade. And in multiplayer, all of it is available for you to play around and explore. I'm still playing multiplayer after beating the single player eight times, and I've been playing multiplayer for a good eight months.

Sure, I'm definitely a fanboy over RDR and that's why I play the game so much... >_>; But what I'm sayin' isn't exaggerations or overzealous propaganda at all. The game is simply fantastic. I certainly ain't about to speak so highly of (or so obsessively play) any other game.

Highballing sharkers who stocked up on them are raging. I love it!

TF2's trading really does have an economy... Interesting.

Last edited:
Skyrim

Walking around in a frozen tundra, minding my own business when suddenly I hear a dragons roar off in the distance. Looked around, didn't see anything. I let out an old Fus Ro Dah to lure it into view, still nothing in sight. So I kept along my path but the noise grew louder, looked around again still not seeing anything. So I said eff it and kept going. Next thing I know there was a loud ass roar and a blast of fire in my face. THE DAMN THING WAS INVISIBLE! I sent a dragonrend down the blast of fire where the dragon had to be, knowing dragonrend makes a glowing effect around a dragon when it hits and sure enough there was a glowing aura in the shape of a dragon but not a dragon itself. I fought it off and got its health low but the dragonrend glow effect wore off and I was fighting blind. The battle music stopped so I guess it flew away but it wasn't like I could chase the damn thing down.

Back