The Post-Game Thread (now with moar games!)

Oh Fox, you 'n your bad eyesight. :lol: That wasn't a Murkrow I gave ya for an avatar, it was a Magikarp! The antithesis of a bottom-feeder, as we both know.

You need some stronger glasses, bro.

You silly mischievous trawler. I'll allow your chicanery to slide this once - I've got games to play and I'm sure you do as well.

And I would like to point out the effective damage output of;

Two evenly leveled combatants - Lv.70 Adell (non-reincarnated) vs a Lv.70 Marionette.
+7 Firefighters, 6 Lovers Lv.6 Vulcan Blaze with +2 ATK/HIT buff on a 4 chain (no damage, all status/passives) and the Marionette resists Fire. Still an OHKO, by a wide margin. Adell, you sir are gloriously overpowered.

I just realized the delicious irony of ":trollkarp:". Thanks for that, Fox.

Oh, and you'll let my derpin' slide every time.

Gotten to huntin' the bigger munsters. Good fun. Believe I've some insight as t' why Monster Hunter is so impeccably popular now. Wouldn't say I'm a fan (yet), but I'm certainly enjoyin' myself.

And I just got disappointed in the game after I spent about half an hour trying to repel the Caedus and failing. I beat him easily in Tri due to playing the online first and coming up with OP weapons.

okso

It just clicked that the Monster Hunterverse is filled with sentient cats that're constantly spoutin' pawsome cat puns. Also, there's a weapon named the "Splash hammer".

suddenly i liek dis game moar

I added a Sharpedo, "Sinkhull", to my Pokemon XD team. Coincidentally, I also watched Jaws for the first time today.

I'm almost done with the James Bond section of Wind Waker HD. I would have finished it, but I found myself watching the aforementioned fish movie instead.

Killed as well as trapped a Rathian (after the first attempt failed, since the bastard flew off to another area literally the moment I set my trap... learnt my lesson t' not rely on the single free one given for capturing quests). These fire-breathin' wyverns are exactly what I'd think of when someone brought up Monster Hunter.

Lookin' forward to hammering the Lagiacrus t' death. Really hopin' it doesn't have a gigantic Thunder-based AoE when underwater, as NPC talk makes me think it does. And since I have negative-infinity Thunder resistance, I'll probably die in nearly one shock. Do not want.

I got F-zero X and GX. Now I need is F-Zero for the SNES... Then moving on to Metroid collection.

I recently got to Citadark Isle in Pokemon XD. Team is the following:

Flareon ♂ (Hellmuffin) lv. 43
~Flash Fire
-Flamethrower
-Shadow Ball
-Quick Attack
-Protect

Flamethrower is obvious. Shadow Ball still hits hard despite the lack of STAB, thanks to Flareon's great attack stat. Quick Attack is there to pick off weakened opponents, and partially makes up for Flareon's slightly low speed. Protect is partially due to the lack of many better options, but it can help avoid incoming attacks as well as Hariyama's Earthquake.

Flareon is fairly useful, as it hits hard while having good special defense. He's a bit slow, but he has just enough speed to outrun most things, especially with a level advantage. The low physical defense hurts, but it could be worse.

Swalot ♂ (Swagbag) lv. 43
~Liquid Ooze
~Leftovers
-Sludge
-Body Slam
-Sing
-Toxic

Sludge is his most powerful attack, thanks to STAB. It will be replaced with Sludge Bomb, which he should learn soon. Body Slam hits almost as hard as Sludge, and is useful for things that resist poison, aside from Rock, Steel, and Ghost types. Sing is mostly filler due to the horrible accuracy. Toxic is useful when Swalot can't hurt the opponent enough directly. An example of something that Toxic is useful for is Relicanth.

Swalot is pretty decent, and roughly ties with Hariyama for the best overall bulk on the team. It doesn't hit super hard, but at least it does more direct damage than the next team member.

Jumpluff ♀ (Z-striker) lv. 42
~Chlorophyll
-Giga Drain
-Sleep Powder
-Substitute
-Leech Seed

Sleep Powder is really useful, and is Jumpluff's ace. Leech Seed is useful for wearing down bulkier Pokemon, regaining lost health, etc. Substitute is usually used when she has a free turn in longer battles, or when she really can't afford to take a hit from a particular Pokemon. Giga Drain does decent damage to Rock, Water, and Ground types, and can pick off severely weakened Pokemon.

Jumpluff has the dubious honor of being, by far, the weakest attacker on the team. Indeed, Giga Drain once failed to knock out a Quagsire at half health. Granted, it was a few levels higher than Jumpluff, but still. She makes up for it by being a great supporter, though. Her bulk is average but it's all she really needs.

Hariyama ♂ (Flabfist) lv. 43
~Guts
~Focus Band
-Fake Out
-Brick Break
-Rock Tomb
-Earthquake

Fake Out does a bit of damage while also disrupting the opponent. Brick Break is very powerful coming off of this guy. Rock Tomb is mainly filler, especially due to the bad accuracy, but it's useful for hitting Flying and Ghost types harder than Brick Break. Earthquake can be used when he's paired with Flareon or Jumpluff, and does good spread damage.

Hariyama is the slowest member, but he's more bulky than most of my team, along with Swalot. Unlike Swalot, however, Hariyama can do a lot of damage, while Swalot just does acceptable damage. He relies a bit too much on Brick Break, though.

Sharpedo ♂ (Sinkhull) lv. 43
~Rough Skin
~Silk Scarf
-Double-Edge
-Water Pulse
-Crunch
-Ice Beam

Double Edge is there to take advantage of his high attack. It's not good for spamming thanks to the recoil, but it's actually the strongest attack on the team by a little bit, even moreso when boosted by Silk Scarf. Crunch is reliable, does good damage, but doesn't cause recoil. Water Pulse is a bit lacking in power despite STAB, so it and Ice Beam are mainly reserved for hitting things super effectively.

This fish dies a bit too quickly thanks to his paper thin bulk, but his speed and high damage output largely make up for it.

Banette ♀ (Gravenap) lv. 39 (still grinding a bit)
~Insomnia
~Spell Tag
-Shadow Ball
-Icy Wind
-Thunderbolt
-Helping Hand

Shadow Ball is obvious, and is pretty powerful. Icy Wind only slightly dents foes, but lowers their speed, allowing them to be picked off easier the next turn. This is especially useful since, in this generation, the opponent replaces a fainted Pokemon on the same turn they're KO'd. So if, say Sharpedo, knocks out something before she uses Icy Wind, the new Pokemon is going to be slower than her most of the time. Thunderbolt is good for things that resist/are immune to Shadow Ball, as well as Water and Flying types. Helping Hand is mainly useful if a faster ally needs more power to pick off a dangerous foe. This is usually Sharpedo, and to a lesser extent Flareon, courtesy of Quick Attack.

It should be noted that I went out of my way to catch her with a Net Ball, even though she was poisoned and at red health. I could have used an Ultra Ball, but the pun was more important.

The movesets are basically done, aside from Swalot's Sludge, Sing, and maybe Hariyama's Rock Tomb.

Last edited:
After capturin' a Lagiacrus and goin' through 10 mega potions (... I was sleepy, wasn't attackin' safely), I realized that I hadn't bought new armor or forged it since I was doin' two-star missions. Usin' a half bone-half leather armor set, I really don't have a damn clue how I've gotten this far. As such, I took the time t' murder a passel of Barroth to make a not-so-shitty armor set. 'Fore I got the last armor piece, I noticed that the Barroth's weakest hits weren't causin' me to flinch if I was in the middle of a Fade Slash... not sure if from increased defense, or 'cause Long Swords are awesome.

Speakin' of Barroth armor, I had t' cut off and loot three Barroth tails in order to obtain one. i dont even

Giga Drain once failed to knock out a Quagsire at half health.

Your taste in weakmons is lame, bro.

I've learned to mouse drag. Fear me.
After capturin' a Lagiacrus and goin' through 10 mega potions (... I was sleepy, wasn't attackin' safely), I realized that I hadn't bought new armor or forged it since I was doin' two-star missions. Usin' a half bone-half leather armor set, I really don't have a damn clue how I've gotten this far. As such, I took the time t' murder a passel of Barroth to make a not-so-shitty armor set. 'Fore I got the last armor piece, I noticed that the Barroth's weakest hits weren't causin' me to flinch if I was in the middle of a Fade Slash... not sure if from increased defense, or 'cause Long Swords are awesome.Speakin' of Barroth armor, I had t' cut off and loot three Barroth tails in order to obtain one. i dont even
The desire sensor calls.

Back