The price of wavebirds...

link1305

WiiChat Member
Jan 23, 2008
Ohio
Wii Online Code
8485-7928-2230-8792
... has apparently gone through the roof. I was going to pick one up from Ebay (for my SSBB playing needs), but the prices are hovering around $40-$60 (used and new) :yikes: One even went for $80 + shipping! There's no way I'm paying that much. My local gamestop stores only has the wired controllers, which are better than 3rd party I suppose.

Last edited:
Simple solution: Don't use a Wavebird.

Seriously, I'm using some cheap-o GameStop GC controller to play, and I'm doing just fine.

Yea I'm with Vince here mate, these cheapo Gamestop controllers work great! Wireless too! But I do like the Classic Controller better for Brawl, so I'll leave the GC controllers for my friends.

Theoretically if you use wireless controller it'll increase ping for online matches since the speed on the wire faster. I don't think it's noticeable, but it's a little nice excuse to not buy those over-priced wave bird. Plus you'll still have rumble : )

Yea, I think I saw this coming. Now that brawls using gc controllers,the prices went through the roof. I have two regular controllers and two wavebirds that I bought a few years ago when I only had a gc. They were about 30 bucks then, but 80!!!! thats just rediculous. Seriously though wired ones work great unless you have a ton of people spread out really far.

Back