The Rep (YOu Must Read)

ssbb_lover said:
But tbh, the people I see moaning about the system have the least rep...i'm just pointing that out from statistics. Then again, the people that don't care have a lot of rep. It goes both ways I know.
Actually, both Prinny and Wiired have expressed rep related discontent and they have some of the highest rep counts on the forum.

And Sovieto, both of your theories are flawed in that I am both older and more mature than the average poster and yet while I have one of the lower rep counts I not only care less, I despise the entire system for creating such a myspace whore atmosphere here.

Last edited:
Gymdawg said:
Actually, both Prinny and Wiired have expressed rep related discontent and they have some of the highest rep counts on the forum.

And Sovieto, both of your theories are flawed in that I am both older and more mature than the average poster and yet while I have one of the lower rep counts I not only care less, I despise the entire system for creating such a myspace whore atmosphere here.

The Whole everyone begging for rep has cooled abit now, but despising the whole system?

Btw isnt your sig sotw 8?

Cpt.McCloud said:
The Whole everyone begging for rep has cooled abit now, but despising the whole system?

Btw isnt your sig sotw 8?
His current isn't any SOTW, he's just asking for people to vote for him underneath it.

Also Gymdawg.. I know you PM'd me asking to use me as an example, and I was thinking yeah I'm cool with that, this wasn't what I had in mind:

Gymdawg said:
I mean seriously, look at Wiired for example. He's got like 6 bars but he's as dumb as they come...
lmaooo

Well I'm relatively new here, I whore the pokeforums. I see alot of people having "if I had a good post give me rep" in their sig and they continuously ask give me rep. Answering a question "give me rep," telling someone it's the wrong thread "give me rep." It gets quite annoying sometimes and makes me feel like pressing the button beside the green mushroom. And lots seem to always say you can have rep for being my friend or for joining my clan, or for liking articuno.

I'd also like to know, when rep is given, is it first checked over by a moderator before raising someone's karma, I have quite a few comments and stuff under rep in my User CP, but all with grey squares. Or is there a thing where your rep only actually takes effect once a day, the rest just give grey squares? One more thing, are the reports actually checked over, because I do report people who make utter spam filled with swearing and sometimes they don't get banned, or not until a mod actually sees them.

I see I've typed alot, hope I am making sense.

Wow, smart pokefan here. Give this man some reppies!

Anyways, most of your questions concerning reps can be found in the site feedback FAQ on rep.

There is no Rep moderator.

and the mods have been busy lately. Jill's doing something for work :/ and Mr_stoukaph has been somewhere else. The other do what they can, but 2 supers gone really hurts.

And yes, reports are checked by SOME mods and not others. :/

Just be patient when you report/pm etc.

massi4h said:
Well I'm relatively new here, I whore the pokeforums. I see alot of people having "if I had a good post give me rep" in their sig and they continuously ask give me rep. Answering a question "give me rep," telling someone it's the wrong thread "give me rep." It gets quite annoying sometimes and makes me feel like pressing the button beside the green mushroom. And lots seem to always say you can have rep for being my friend or for joining my clan, or for liking articuno.

I'd also like to know, when rep is given, is it first checked over by a moderator before raising someone's karma, I have quite a few comments and stuff under rep in my User CP, but all with grey squares. Or is there a thing where your rep only actually takes effect once a day, the rest just give grey squares? One more thing, are the reports actually checked over, because I do report people who make utter spam filled with swearing and sometimes they don't get banned, or not until a mod actually sees them.

I actually hate it when people ask for rep when they answer a simple question or when they beg for it in sigs. If you recieve a grey rep bar, that means someone with not much rep themselves has approved of your post, if you know what I mean. So the more rep you have, the more you give out when you approve of a post.

massi4h said:

Smartest Pokefan I've seen. Massi4h for Pokemod.

HAHA, already stole my joke mike.....

and Jill's got some people in mind...even though you were just kidding. :p

Imagine if rep was real and you could eat it, I wonder what it would taste like? Grass?
And if you had a grey bar it could taste of ash, I don't know what Im on about..

Back