The Solicitations Need To Stop

Kamikaze

Certified Public Asshole
Nov 15, 2006
Chicago, IL
Wii Online Code
1130-2954-1680-3052
Please, they do tend to be annoying, I'll help out in any way possible to stop them. Can we please just have solitications deleted and the usernames banned from the forums?

i0n said:
Do you mean people selling Wiis privately?

I think they may mean the users who will create an account (they are typically very new) and post things about gilselling, cellphone ring tones, etc. :wtf:

I've seen about three of these posts over the course of the week. But there have probably been more. :prrr:

Insomniac said:
I think they may mean the users who will create an account (they are typically very new) and post things about gilselling, cellphone ring tones, etc. :wtf:

I've seen about three of these posts over the course of the week. But there have probably been more. :prrr:

Yea i know what you mean, we get about 10 or so bots registering daily, trouble is the only way to tell them apart from genuie members is they spam phones offers etc.

All of them are caught and banned with their threads removed, i catch most of them straight away the harder ones are those that spam in replies rather than new threads.

If you see this kind of thing please report the post and they'll be gone asap.

Kamikaze said:
Please, they do tend to be annoying, I'll help out in any way possible to stop them. Can we please just have solitications deleted and the usernames banned from the forums?
i agree with you completely

Hey Ion, can't you just assign some mods and it will make it a bit easier to spot these solicitators.

I allways report first moan ather

use this

Had a simaler prob on my forum
but spam bots usealy have a repeating letter in there name ie
Coollin, maikkey or deesu

At the end of the day, it's something you just have to accept. WiiChat.com is very popular in google so it's going to be a target.

Vbullet / PhpBB / IPB all have the same problem as the registration process is the same.

All I'm saying is that if there was an actual Mod team, it'd make some of this easier to take care of.

Back