The Solicitations Need To Stop

i0n said:
Yea i know what you mean, we get about 10 or so bots registering daily, trouble is the only way to tell them apart from genuie members is they spam phones offers etc.

All of them are caught and banned with their threads removed, i catch most of them straight away the harder ones are those that spam in replies rather than new threads.

If you see this kind of thing please report the post and they'll be gone asap.
I do report. but can't you make a random image code for people to type in when they register from now on? it seems to work.

MetroidZ said:
I do report. but can't you make a random image code for people to type in when they register from now on? it seems to work.

There always has been that, along with email validation.

The only automated part is the posting, the signup process is done manually.

i0n said:
There always has been that, along with email validation.

The only automated part is the posting, the signup process is done manually.

Well is there someway you can put new posters on a posting probation? Like within the first 5-6 posts, it will be sent to the mod team (if there is one.) for approval.

Kamikaze said:
Please, they do tend to be annoying, I'll help out in any way possible to stop them. Can we please just have solitications deleted and the usernames banned from the forums?

darn those hookers. . .i hate when the solicite me.

I have many suggestions, as for one, it would be having global moderators, not just moderators of X forums. And another would be that new accounts would have a probation period, in which they're only allowed to post on a certain forum.

Kamikaze said:
I have many suggestions, as for one, it would be having global moderators, not just moderators of X forums. And another would be that new accounts would have a probation period, in which they're only allowed to post on a certain forum.
There are global mods (the ones with the blue mushrooms on the left where my green one is). Not very many, but still there are some. There is also the probationary period, they are not allowed to PM or post in the news section until they have 5 posts. It would be unfair to cut off anything else.

I can't even post in the news section, what's up with that?

There are enough mods.

You can't post in news section because you need to get permission. i.e. Send i0n a draft showing what/how you may contribute there.

registerednerd said:
I would suggest IP logging and banning, but not only is that easy to get arround, you also can't guarantee that they are coming from the same compter-- or even from the same person.
But couldn't people just use proxies.

MetroidZ said:
There are enough mods.

You can't post in news section because you need to get permission. i.e. Send i0n a draft showing what/how you may contribute there.

But couldn't people just use proxies.

Exactly, proxies are quite easy to use, they may lag, but they can be used. I guess I will have to send I0n some type of draft in a way that I can contribute to the forum. You're talking about the news forum and not the editorials, correct?

Back