The strap saves TVs!

Lethal

Extreme Gamer
Nov 20, 2006
Missouri
Wii Online Code
4683-8466-6765-2704
I was playing Wii Sports Baseball last night and I am an extreme gamer, I really get into my games. Well I was swinging for the fences (Just hit my first out of the park homerun) trying to hit another out of the park when the controller slip right out of my hands. The strap works! I have a 42" LCD HD TV that costs about $3,000 and because of my little $.30 strap I can continue to play another day. Basically what I am trying to say is dont treat the strap like a seatbelt. I know you feel like a kid putting it on, and though it wont save your life it may just save your wallet.

nice to know, when I get mine I will certainly use it. (so far, 50 bucks) lol

Yea i know of three people just in my town that have had the straps break. including MYSELF! the tiny strings on the straps don't hold up to much. I suggest you reinforce them with some more string unless you want a Wiimote almost flying into your head then slaming into the wall like mine did.

Note: Wiimote is fine after the ordeal, just sorta scared me when you hear a loud thud after your friend swings the thing

nemo87 said:
Yea i know of three people just in my town that have had the straps break. including MYSELF!
where do u live, i dont think i know anyone else around me who has a wii. maybe im just living in the wrong neighborhood

Yeh there have been loads of cases if people's straps breaking. IGN say you shouldent get to into swinging the remote as hard as u can and i personaly am using my own leather straps that are very strong. I suggest some of u do the same.

Even the straps Break. If I had a $3000 tv i'd replace the strap with some high quality fishing line ASAP. No way you will break stuff like Spider Wire (metal).

PAStAMAAAN said:
where do u live, i dont think i know anyone else around me who has a wii. maybe im just living in the wrong neighborhood

there friends that i waited in line with. we got a group of 5 people to dominate the line.

aaa the joys of living in a small college town

DrYou said:
Even the straps Break. If I had a $3000 tv i'd replace the strap with some high quality fishing line ASAP. No way you will break stuff like Spider Wire (metal).

Well, isn't that comfortable to wear i guess... Okay, if you have it with cloth around it should be easier to break the plastic of the wiimote where the string is constricted than breaking the wire... :S

Firen said:
Well, isn't that comfortable to wear i guess... Okay, if you have it with cloth around it should be easier to break the plastic of the wiimote where the string is constricted than breaking the wire... :S

Fishing Line Weights nothing, you wont even notice the difference. Unless your a princess. Looks on the other hand might bother people.

LOL... i was boxing for the first time and i had the wrist band on, but let go of the nun-chuck & almost hit my tely... it was so funny. just make sure that doesnt happen to u =]

THe problem I run into is that I put the strap on... and forget it's there. So I'll go put my Wiimote on my lap to pick-up my drink or whatever and the Wiimote will come flying with my damn arm. :lol: I really need to get use to the whole thing.... but oh my lord I love my Wii.

Back