The Wii cracked open !!!!

savoirvivre said:
waaaaaaaaaat i just soldered my nes back into working condition. played some duckhunt oh yea. Thats the shizzle. then played some bubble bobble. anyone out there, give me an oh yeaa!!

Oh yeah! Bubble Bobble was the ****! I hope it gets realeased on VC! :D

vagrant said:
...a heat sink isn't NES technology.

It appears that my attempt at humor failed.

The heat sink reminds me of the look of the cheap contacts in the NES that were responsible for everyone having to blow on their games to ensure a clean connection between game and system.

ReTodd said:

The heat sink reminds me of the look of the cheap contacts in the NES that were responsible for everyone having to blow on their games to ensure a clean connection between game and system.

those were the days....

dan99iel said:
Joe, i had that sig but it was sh** and i made this 1 :)

It looks better than mine....but I will get a better one.......eventually!

ReTodd said:

lmao yeah loading a disk just isnt the same as the blowing cartridge days,

my mate even used to lick his carts before he played:D

you know its funny because it wasn't even a case of licking. i did investigating and it turns out it was a pin or two on the right side if i remember correctly that just became lose or bent after loading a lot of cartridges. when people put in the cartridges and it worked it was almost sheer luck because the pin would move and make contact lol. i actually repaired a lot of these and thats what i discovered. i still have mine. time to go play teenage mutant ninja turtles. lol.

savoirvivre said:
you know its funny because it wasn't even a case of licking. i did investigating and it turns out it was a pin or two on the right side if i remember correctly that just became lose or bent after loading a lot of cartridges. when people put in the cartridges and it worked it was almost sheer luck because the pin would move and make contact lol. i actually repaired a lot of these and thats what i discovered. i still have mine. time to go play teenage mutant ninja turtles. lol.

his tounge must of bent the pins back then lol

i wont tell him tho cus i wouldnt wanna stop him looking a nob

i know but its still a bit anoying when i cant find 1 and sum people are taking them apart
I guess nobody read the captions on any of these images, such as:
The broken optical drive was what caused this whole mess in the first place. It's connected to the main board with a single ribbon
This was a bricked Wii that they took apart.

Back