An ancient one, banner of over a thousand acunts
Staff member
May 30, 2006
Super Mancyland
Wii Online Code
8041-7231-3447-6164

Mighty bomb Jack

Nes - 500pts
Mighty Bomb Jack is an arcade game that was later released for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) in 1987 by Tecmo, and later for the Amiga, Atari ST and Commodore 64. The NES version is slated for release on the Wii Virtual Console.
The hero of the game, Jack, must make his way through 16 levels of a pyramid in order to defeat the demon Belzebut and rescue the royal Pamera family.
Each level is split into two parts; an action zone and a Royal Palace room. The mechanics and level designs of the Royal Palace rooms are directly lifted from the game's prequel, Bomb Jack. Action zones can be split up into several portions, and contain power-ups usually hidden in treasure chests such as money bags, Mighty Coins and Mighty Drinks. Mighty Coins allow Jack to change colors; blue allows Jack to open orange treasure chests, orange allows him to open any treasure chest by simply touching it from the side, and green transforms all enemies on the screen into coins for 5 seconds. Mighty Drinks add 10 seconds to the game's timer. Secret passages can also be found in the action zones, activated by finding a Sphinx in a visible or hidden treasure chest.
To prevent the player from becoming too "greedy", the game automatically sends the player to a Torture Room if they obtain more than 9 Mighty Coins or 99 seconds on the game's timer. The only way to escape a Torture Room without losing a life is to complete a number of jumps, which are counted down on the screen. Once the player exits the torture room, Jack automatically loses all Mighty Coins, the timer is reset to 60 seconds, and the game recommences from the beginning of the current level.

A Royal Palace room (NES Version).

A Vs. Series version of the game was released in 1986 for the Japanese market (not to be confused with the original dedicated arcade version); some minor changes were made, such as adding a two-player mode, changing the locations of some secret passages and removing a warp trick in the Royal Palace rooms. In the NES version, Jack could warp forward to the next Royal Palace room if he touched the first lit bomb in the current room after the other 23 bombs were collected; however, if Jack died in the warping process, he would be sent back to the beginning of the level from which the trick commenced.
Mighty Bomb Jack also had a guest appearance on Tecmo Super Bowl, during the halftime show in the Super Bowl

Three outa five

Twas never my fave game but good anyway

Final Fight
Snes - 800pts
Also on the Capcom classics collection
SNES version
The SNES version of Final Fight was first released on December 21, 1990 in Japan and in September 1991 in North America. Both releases served as launch title for their respective regions.
The SNES version was criticized for being a rushed release due to the fact that several features of the arcade version were missing on the SNES:
  • The game only offered single-player play.
  • Guy was removed, leaving only two characters playable.
  • Roxy and Poison were changed to Billy and Sid in the American and European versions.
  • The fourth stage from the original version, the "Industrial Area," and its boss, Rolento, were removed.
Other differences includes a reduced number of on-screen enemies and objects (due to hardware limitations), the omission of transition scenes (including the opening of Stage 1, where Jessica is carried away by Damnd) and the fact that the player must restart the entire stage after continuing from a game over, rather than being taken right to the spot where he died.
Even despite these criticisms, this version was released to Virtual Console in 2007.

2 outa five for the snes version (most others are five)

Shame its the snes version there are better versions out there id pump for the Capcom classics collection over this
But sayin that its still a solid title even with out the two player option

Battle lode runner
TG - 600pts
Battle Lode Runner is a video game originally released for the NEC PC Engine by Hudson Soft in 1993. Based on the Lode Runner series of games, it was released for the Wii Virtual Console on April 23, 2007 in North America, marking the first official release of the game in that region [1].
Like other games in the Lode Runner series, Battle Lode Runner's gameplay revolves around collecting gold without being caught by robed men. Your character can climb ropes, walk on top of enemies, and most importantly dig a hole on the right or left of himself. In some versions you can set traps, but Battle Lode Runner doesn't contain this feature.
Battle Lode Runner is most importantly known for its multiplayer battle mode. You can play with 5 players in 3 categories of play: survival, escape, and tag match. In survival the last remaining player wins. In the escape mode, the first person to collect the secret gold, unlock the ladder and escape wins. In tag match, players form teams and attempt to kill the members of the other team.

Im not gona give this a ratein because I have never played this version
But its a good little head scratcher from the other versions I played

Personally I wont be downloadin any of these
Mainly because I have the Final fight arcade board

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, I never knew Final Fight was 1 player. Its weird how they left all that stuff out when the Snes had plenty of games with alot of memory.

I was hoping to get some virtua fighter action from the genesis... Final Fight is great, shame it was the SNES version as you all say! Still I might download it just for the sheer fun of it :)

SiE said:
I was hoping to get some virtua fighter action from the genesis... Final Fight is great, shame it was the SNES version as you all say! Still I might download it just for the sheer fun of it :)

Virtua Fighter was awfull on the mega drive
It was raped so much that it didnt even feal like a vf game

Back