THQ gives Queen of England a gold Wii freakin bastards

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
THQ gives Queen of England a gold Wii

We've all seen some pretty fancy console mods in the past. Heck, maybe you guys even own one or two. The fanciest console that I ever owned was a red and black SNES that actually housed a NES inside it. OK, on second thought it wasn't really all that fancy, but this Nintendo Wii console that THQ gave to the Queen of England certainly is. It was given to the Queen of England by THQ to mark the launch of their new family-oriented mini-game collection, Big Family Games.

What, you thought they just gave out a gold Wii out of the kindness of their hearts? THQ's been having some financial problems of late, so I guess they're trying whatever they can to drum up sales. Maybe they remember this news tidbit from last year that said the Queen's a bit of a Wii gamer herself.

heres the link http://wii.qj.net/THQ-gives-Queen-of-England-a-gold-Wii/pg/49/aid/131545

I couldn't get the image to appear but theres the link above.

Last edited:
God bless her!

When I read that the Queen got a gold Wii I was thinking it was going to be solid gold but it seems it's just gold coloured.

Shame that these games probably wont have online play as it would be funny to go to play a game and find that your opponent is 'HRH'.

God bless her!

When I read that the Queen got a gold Wii I was thinking it was going to be solid gold but it seems it's just gold coloured.

Not just "gold-colored," but actually plated in gold. (Probably 10k, but still pretty shiny!)

Back