Tiger Woods 2007 - Nunchuk swing problems

Southpaw

WiiChat Member
Oct 22, 2007
Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere else, but I tried looking through the threads and didn't find any help. Anyway, I was hoping to get an answer as to why my players will constantly flub shots when I'm using the nunchuk swing. I'm well aware of the problems with the Wii-mote swing, so I decided to just try and play it the traditional way instead. At first I had no issues whatsoever, I played 9 holes with Vijay Singh and did quite well. Then I decided to create a character and start building them up and the fun began. Repeatedly I hit shots that showed up as 100% power and straight as an arrow on the screen, but the ball only goes like 40 yards. I thought well maybe it's just my golfer, but when I went back and tried another pro golfer (Retief Goosen I think) the same thing started happening. Can anyone tell me what's going on here and how to fix it?

I have 07, but I only use the wiimote-advanced swing method.

Only thing I can say is that all the pro golfers aren't alike, and the majority of them won't be able to hit it as far as Tiger Woods, or a select few others. We had created our own characters when I bought this game, but after about a week or so we discovered our characters were leveling very slowly, and decided to use Tiger Woods instead - we've been using him ever since.

Are you in the sand, or off the fairway? Is the terrain significantly higher than where you are standing?

TW 07 doesn't inform you as to how much the terrain will reduce the distance of your hit. For example: If you're in the sand, and your club selection says you can hit the ball 100 yards, you may only be able to hit 40 yards, if you can only hit 40% of normal because of the sand. You wouldn't know if this were the case. This would also occur in the rough (off the fairway).

Or: If the terrain rises 40 feet, and the club claims you can hit 100 yards, you may only be able to hit 40 yards (depending on shot type) because the terrain has risen so dramatically.

TW 08 solves the first case by actually telling you how much the terrain will affect your distance. The second one is not solved (and shouldn't be, in my opinion).

All shots

Actually it was happening on every shot - off the tee (with level ground), in the fairway, in the rough, you name it. It was worse when I was in the rough, but there's no reason why one of those pros should hit it 90 yards off the tee when the power meter says 100%, the arrow is straight, and the ground is level. That's why I'm so baffled about the problem. And like I said, I played a whole round of 9 holes and didn't experience it once, and then it started happening on every single shot. The only thing I can think of is maybe I should try some fresh batteries, but I don't really expect that would help. I haven't noticed the nunchuk malfunctioning on any other games either.

Back