tiger woods WTF!!!

gizzavii

"you'll never walk alone!
May 16, 2007
Wii Online Code
1429-3471-7810-2494
I just wanted to air my deep diapointment with tiger woods.... I found it almost unplayable!!

It was soooo random and i really gave it a good go as i have wated for it 7 months since i got my wii.

When i would swing backwards gently or otherwise i would get bout half way ish and the golfer on screen would swing at about 40% power!!!!!!!! SO frustrating especaily on big shot and pressure points in the game.

Anybody else get this randomness from the game. I feel proper let down but this game and just incase anybody else was thinking bout buying this i would defo rent it first.

Gutted. :mad5:

start at neutral and only swing in one direction? cut out the backswing. Helps me in wii sports

Brawny said:
start at neutral and only swing in one direction? cut out the backswing. Helps me in wii sports

You mean just swing fowards?? I'll try that. Wii sports is coool how come it's feels so much better to handle than tiger? (exept boxin) Tiger woods is just one game!!!

Weird

But god bless wii sports

ahmen

not playin at the mo.... will defo try tho! Ta

gizzavii said:
I just wanted to air my deep diapointment with tiger woods.... I found it almost unplayable!!

It was soooo random and i really gave it a good go as i have wated for it 7 months since i got my wii.

When i would swing backwards gently or otherwise i would get bout half way ish and the golfer on screen would swing at about 40% power!!!!!!!! SO frustrating especaily on big shot and pressure points in the game.

Anybody else get this randomness from the game. I feel proper let down but this game and just incase anybody else was thinking bout buying this i would defo rent it first.

Gutted. :mad5:

Try slowing your backswing down. Sometimes, if I swing too fast, then the Wii doesn't pick it up. My mate also had this issue.

i exept that not every game is perfect but man.... this 'glitch' can happen at some big points in the game. ta fo advise tho shall try!!

what I've found with this game is you have to try and emulate the on screen golfers screen with regards speed if you are going to use your proper golf swing. otherwise, do what i do and ignore the swing you yourself make but watch the golfer on screen - when his club is roughly the position you want on his backswing then start on your forward swing. my normal golf swing is medium paced but i do slow it own to play the game. and remember it is the distance of the backswing and the speed of the forward swing that determines your overall power. it could well be that you are also swinging forward way too quickly - too fast for the wii sensors to pick it up which results in bodged speeds - in all, my advice would be to slow down your back and forward swing and watch the golfer on screen. HTH :thumbsup:

At first the game is a little difficult to get use to the swing. Try a few different things and after you figure out what works for you the game becomes great. Do not use the character to model your swing. Good luck and I am sure you will like the game as soon as you figure out your swing. My GF swings her arm forward and I swing my arm across my body. Totally different swings and we both get good results. Try a couple out.

Gizzavii, i know exactly what your talking about.

In mid swing the Fu**er hits the ball, usually when your drawing back getting ready to strike the ball.

I also found this to be a problem, and its very random .

That problem usually happens to my 12 year old brother who has no patience. The game picks up all motion you make so you have to be careful. When you start the swing, be sure the controller is level point down. If now, then it will start going back itself. The same goes with putting.

I have had no problems with this game. It is one of the best I have. When I first started, I got frustrated when I goofed on big shots but HEY thats golf for ya :). It happens.

I agree with others that this IS a good game. Is there a learning curve to get the hang of it?---Absolutely ! But give it more time and I am sure it will be one of your favorites. I am close to the end of the second year in my carreer mode and I still keep getting better. I'd say it took me most of the first year of my carreer to start feeling comfortable with the swing. Good luck

The only time I ever got screwed, was on the putt's.

I draw back very slowly and steadily, just like a real putt.

The game has screwed me on so many shots while in the middle of drawing back, that im convinced its a glitch in the game. OR my wiimote was manufactured on a monday rather than a friday .

But, i still dominated the game even though i got screwed on the putts constantly.

As for the above poster, and the 12 year old comment. Dont you have some pokemons to play with or something ?

Mr.Selfdestruct said:
The only time I ever got screwed, was on the putt's.

I draw back very slowly and steadily, just like a real putt.

The game has screwed me on so many shots while in the middle of drawing back, that im convinced its a glitch in the game. OR my wiimote was manufactured on a monday rather than a friday .

But, i still dominated the game even though i got screwed on the putts constantly.

As for the above poster, and the 12 year old comment. Dont you have some pokemons to play with or something ?

What you said makes no sense. I said my 12 year old brother. Im 22. My comment means that young people have no patience and dont try to learn the game well, thus they make threads like this that make no sense. All it takes is practice. I played a few tours and have already won. Its not that hard once you find the right way to do it.

With putting, I do have a problem with long distance putts. say like 30ft plus. Sometimes I draw back far and dont get the power. Other than that, its pretty simple. My dad was doing pretty good after 10 minutes and he dont even have a wii nor has he played one at all.

I have not problem with Tiger Woods. When I swing, I take no notice of the player on the screen and look straight down. Also, with your downswing, don't try and start it quickly just do a smooth movement. Swing down as fast as you swung back. That is my advice, hopefully it works.

Back