tiger woods WTF!!!

the only thing i cant manage to do is getting the ball to curve when i want it to all the time - i understand the dynamics and i rotate the wiimote correctly but quite often the ball will swerve in completely the wrong direction thus f**king up a really crucial shot

I'd Recommend holding it with one hand. Also, after pulling it back slow, I dont swing all the way around. I kind of do a short quick stroke forward. I was doing the curve shots alot so I started doing this and it helps.

I have found that the biggest problem people have is when they don't keep the "club" still. After you hold the B button, you can't make any motions forward or back, no matter how small, or the game will see that as part of your swing. So, before you hold down the B button, make sure your hands are still. Then do your swing in two motions.....back and forward. If you go back, then hold for a second then keep going back, it messes up.

Even I had the same problem at first, but after you get used to it, that never really happens.

Good luck. Don't give up. Enjoy.

jared19 said:
I'd Recommend holding it with one hand. Also, after pulling it back slow, I dont swing all the way around. I kind of do a short quick stroke forward. I was doing the curve shots alot so I started doing this and it helps.

hey, you took all that straight out of the joy of sex manual :ciappa:

i enjoy it. i bought it for my dad for his birthday, not a gamer but loves golf, he played it till 3am when my wiimote batteries died... lol. you cant stop the random crap swings, but you can learn to controll them..remember its not hwo hard/fast u swing. take a slow backswing! i give this game a six...needs work. 08 should be better!

I really enjoy it. I like it better then the golf on wii sports. I haven't noticed any random swings other then myself moving when I shouldn't be.

What else makes me laugh is.....

If anyone here has actually played golf, (for the ones who haven't)
you'd realise how small of an error margin you actually have. :scared:
It is one of the most difficult sports I have ever attempted to learn. :sick:

Tiger and co make it look sooooo easy to just swing and connect and bam! 250 yrds +

All those who diss Tiger on the Wii, I have one challenge.
Go and try to hit a real golf ball with a real golf club. :yesnod:

(p.s. this is in no way saying Tiger Woods simulates real golf, just might change a few peoples perspective on the game that is golf)

rented it online and played one day before sending it back. boring compared to many other wii games

miiguy said:
All those who diss Tiger on the Wii, I have one challenge.
Go and try to hit a real golf ball with a real golf club

I play golf in real life and know how difficult it is to constantly hit good shots. the only way to be good at the sport (with any sport) is to practise daily. the one thing that gets me is that when i play a bad shot it adds pressure on to my next shot - the more the pressure builds up the more bad shots i play. i'm not a professional sportsman and can not afford to go every week nevermind everyday but do go at least once or twice or month (not enough in my reckoning). trying to hit a small round ball with a long stick is difficult enough but to try and get it to go not only in a straight line but go the right distance is a competition in itself. its one of those games that i'm sure will kill me in the end.

BORN TO GOLF - FORCED TO WORK :cornut:

Fade/Draw?

Hate to highjack this thread... but can any one give me some more detail on how to work the ball, ie how to hit a fade or draw? The game says that you can just twist the controller prior to backswing, but I haven't had much success with this.

As you know, there are some courses (Pebble Beach) that demand these types of shots. Help!!!

I started playing this game and struggled. Then I hit a groove everythign was 100 - 110% power and straight. Then the last few times I played it would cut my swing short hook my ball at 80%. I just couldn't figure out why.
I was positive it was the stick, and sometimes it is. But then I went into practice mode and tried to figure it out. The remote has to be held straight as possible. I all noticed the slower my swing, the more accurate and powerful the shot.
I also found you need to keep your elbow straight, until the ball is hit.
Just like the real game, golf is fluid and rythmic. any slight mechanical fault creates a bad shot. You just goota slow down and be steady.

Back