tiger woods: can you pick clubs?

picking clubs

;) as far as i can tell u cnt pick clubs from ur bag like old tiger woods games if u can i havnt found it but in pro shop i noticed a cahnge with clubs when u click on a club it may hav an arrow and comes up with diffrnt types off clubs .. but if u can change clubs sumone let me no i miss my 1 iron lol

i still cannot find a way to do it man. i also noticed there is no way to play with your character at someone elses house. ea sports had twp options to allows you to do that(sd card and remote) yet they did not allow that to happen. so i went to my friends house and had to use tiger. im glad they get paid for doing their job there at ea, that sounds like a nice laid back place to work, because apparently you do not do too much.

dedpoet777 said:
im glad they get paid for doing their job there at ea, that sounds like a nice laid back place to work, because apparently you do not do too much.

i think what happened is, they were going to give all this paperwork to the interns, and were about to start work on the game, and some intern forgot which stack of papers to give to which room and switched them up. only way i can think of how badly they f'd this up. i was going to wait for 08, but i couldn't resist. o well, the gameplay is still pretty good, at least. and oneball's kind of fun to play with dumbasses who don't understand golf, mainly the cpu.

this was my response from EA Sports on this issue:

Response (GM Petrucchio) 03/19/2007 11:02 AM
Hello,

Unfortunately there are not as many options for customizing your golf bag in Tiger Woods 07' as in some other versions of Tiger Woods. There is no option to choose the make-up of your golf bag (i.e 9 irons, 4 woods and a putter or 8 irons, 5 woods and a putter) so you are relegated to the default clubs selected. The only way you will be able to change the degrees of loft on your driver would be to go to the pro-shop and purchase a driver with a different degree angle, then select that club as the active one in your bag.

If you have any other questions or concerns please let us know. Thank you for your support of EA Sports and good luck on the links.

Sincerely,

EARepWalsh
Player Relations
Electronic Arts

doesnt have an many options "as some other versions of tiger woods" this guy told me. what? thats funny cause this game has like 1/10th the options of every other tiger woods 07 made for other consoles in general. and THERE IS NO WAY TO BUY CLUBS IN THE PRO SHOP WITH DIFFERENT ANGLE again i have no clue what this guy means cause that is not an option anywhere. regardless, the wii is the hottest console out right now, and ea sports, puts out like a demo/prototype of tiger woods for it.... thanks guys that was 50 bucks well spent.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yes this game is good when it works. however, the options in general are not there in comparison to other tiger woods games for the other consoles. there are zero options to change how the courses play, weather conditions, etc. the game lacks in options period, let alone changing your clubs.
so i called them again to try to get somewhere. i recorded the call so i could post their stupidity on the internet. here it is for anyone who wants to listen. just click that link.

http://www.mediamax.com/dedp0et777/Hosted/Ea Goodness 1.mp3

they basically gave me the run-around and said i have to talk to some other department and if start a petition then they might fix it, i guess. im not sure why i have to get a petition on a blatant mistake, but whatever. im going to try to talk to someone important if i can. it is a shame people can get away with putting stuff out like this. im going to ***** as much as i possibly can to whoever i have to.

actually, thats not bad. its actually more realistic. instead of picking your club, you buy a different one. i actually like that.

callme.nasty said:
actually, thats not bad. its actually more realistic. instead of picking your club, you buy a different one. i actually like that.
yeah that would be great if it was there but that isnt there either. you cannot buy other clubs with different angles. that guy has no clue what he was talking about.

dedpoet777 said:
yeah that would be great if it was there but that isnt there either. you cannot buy other clubs with different angles. that guy has no clue what he was talking about.

oh. back to sucking then.

callme.nasty said:
oh. back to sucking then.

ha yep im afraid so. ill keep posting what i come across on here. as i said im goint to keep bitching to whoever. im tired of them slacking on tiger in general and this time it is just pathetic.

u sure the ones u can buy dont have dif degree/angels? have you guys gotten that far? seems dum on ea's side

PtonJalken said:
u sure the ones u can buy dont have dif degree/angels? have you guys gotten that far? seems dum on ea's side
yeah im pretty far and you can see all the info on the clubs even if theyre locked. there is no degree listed, only price, brand, what level it is, and a picture of it. thats it. im definitely sure. and yes it is mega dumb but im not shocked because they screw up tiger woods almost every year, but never this bad.

dedpoet777 said:
http://www.mediamax.com/dedp0et777/Hosted/Ea Goodness 1.mp3

they basically gave me the run-around and said i have to talk to some other department and if start a petition then they might fix it, i guess. im not sure why i have to get a petition on a blatant mistake, but whatever. im going to try to talk to someone important if i can. it is a shame people can get away with putting stuff out like this. im going to ***** as much as i possibly can to whoever i have to.

dude, that call was hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
let me know when you're gonna call in and we'll alternate so often they'll be so pissed that they'll have to put it in, and maybe give us a refund.

FWELR said:
dude, that call was hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
let me know when you're gonna call in and we'll alternate so often they'll be so pissed that they'll have to put it in, and maybe give us a refund.

haha thanks. will do man. im all up for giving them hell in a hand basket. they piss me off man. im going to wait for them to email me then try to get back on the phone with someone important. ill be sure to record that one too. if that fails im going to try to talk to nintendo about it and maybe they can not only press them to fix this, but make sure 08 isnt even worse.

here im gonna send them an email complaining about the same problem, using proper grammer and english so they'll listen. ill keep sending them emails from all my different email addresses, piss them off even further.

FWELR said:
here im gonna send them an email complaining about the same problem, using proper grammer and english so they'll listen. ill keep sending them emails from all my different email addresses, piss them off even further.
SWEET!!!!!!
maybe if we get enough people to ***** and really start some type of petition, as they said, then theyll fix it. all theyd have to do is patch it. otherwise were stuck and out 50 bills till tiger 08. and if we dont act now we might be limited to a putter only in tiger 08---theyll forget to add the rest of the clubs.

Back