tiger woods: can you pick clubs?

i remember when they originally announced the Wii Connect 24, they said it would have the ability to add updates to games, as well as the weather and news. im sure i can find it in my Nintendo Power Magazine. anybody else remember this?

FWELR said:
...using proper grammer and english so they'll listen.
You might want to check your spelling while you're at it. ;)

Other than this issue with the clubs (and maybe swing control as mentioned in other threads), is there any thing wrong with the game? I'm trying to consider if it's still worth buying or if I should just hold out for '08.

Aylwin said:
You might want to check your spelling while you're at it. ;)

Other than this issue with the clubs (and maybe swing control as mentioned in other threads), is there any thing wrong with the game? I'm trying to consider if it's still worth buying or if I should just hold out for '08.

other than the issues mentioned above, the game is fine. as we said no ability to change clubs in bag, no options to change view to see the lie of the ball, no ability to take your character to other consoles, no options to change fairway speeds, green speeds, weather conditions. the gameface is semi-deep, enough to make a decent character. the pro shop has a fair amount of stuff, but nothing like other consoles.

but over all the gameplay is good when it works. i have a pretty refined swing down and dont get screwed by the swing too often, maybe 1 in 20-30 shots, if that. i can make it though whole 18 hole matches and not get screwed by the swing. i personally think it has to do with people having too quick of a back swing. i use a slower back swing and it seems to work fine. putting is relatively easy once you get used to it. you can also switch the swing to "easy" and not be affected by the draw and fade. but then you have no draw and fade ability.

also if you use the nunchuck you cannot get a full power swing. it caps you at 100%, while when you use the remote to swing you can get 110%. that extra 10% being dropped off your shot is quite a bit of distance.

so if youre fine with all of the above then buy it. i personally have played a lot of tiger woods and other than the new swing, i am not impressed by it at all. i think it is going to be something that will collect dust for me. and i am hoping that 08 will not be this bad. but that is my opinion and my short review for you....hope that helped

dedpoet777 said:
but that is my opinion and my short review for you....hope that helped
Thanks! that helps a lot!

By the way, that recorded phone conversation you had with EA is both funny and frustrating. I don't know if I should laugh or cry. Why do companies treat phone-in customers like this? And that voice-recognition answering system is just too much. I already hate the touch-tone systems but this takes it to another level. If it were me, I'd be so angry by the time I actually got to speak to someone that I'd probably be screaming at them incoherently. :mad5:

Go straight to Mr. Woods with this travesty. Make him play the game and watch him whinge when he can't choose his clubs.

Aylwin said:
Thanks! that helps a lot!

By the way, that recorded phone conversation you had with EA is both funny and frustrating. I don't know if I should laugh or cry. Why do companies treat phone-in customers like this? And that voice-recognition answering system is just too much. I already hate the touch-tone systems but this takes it to another level. If it were me, I'd be so angry by the time I actually got to speak to someone that I'd probably be screaming at them incoherently. :mad5:

yeah i have dealt with so much of those stupid automated pieces of garbage, i guess im used to it. and yes customer service is at an all time low man. i mean, its unreal that the "important people" seem to never have to speak to anyone. but whats worse is that companies get away with putting out games that are this screwed up and slack. i would be ashamed if i was them.

Originally posted by Raddus:
Go straight to Mr. Woods with this travesty. Make him play the game and watch him whinge when he can't choose his clubs.

no doubt dude. better yet, if i was tiger id be going down to ea sports headquarters with my 7 iron in hand, liquored up, pissed off, and ready to tee up someones nuts, demanding to know why theyre putting out this game with my name on it.

Back