Titles you SHOULD be interested in but probably aren't...

Homesrfan

ftw
Nov 1, 2006
It's a shame to see amazing games not sell well, or not get enough interest as they should. Psychonauts, Beyond Good and Evil, ICO, the list goes on. This thread is just meant to raise interest in some titles. ;)

Endless Ocean

Release Date: October 29, 2007
Players: 1 (2 online co-op)
Developer, Publisher: Arika, Nintendo
Why should you be interested?
Endless Ocean is a open ended exploration game. Meaning, you can explore at your own pace. Apparently, there are some missions that you have to do but a large part of the game is going to different locations and exploring ruins and interacting with fish. Not to mention the graphics are really good looking. You can even go online with your friends and play co-op with one of them. To top it all off, you can even add your own relaxing music to an SD card and listen to it as you swim. It might not sound interesting, but this game will no doubt hit a niche market. Are you one of them? I am.
[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=_dthvEBU_xI[/media]
Battalion Wars II

Release Date: October 29, 2007
Players: 1 (rumored 2 player local)(2 player online)
Developer, Publisher: Kuju, Nintendo
Why should you be excited?
I feel like a broken record trying to hype this game. Basically, visit my thread dedicated to BWii (Battalion Wars II).
[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=OOEUt4PUTMY[/media]
Zack and Wiki

Release Date: October 16, 2007
Players: 1
Developer, Publisher: Capcom, Capcom
If you've ever played a classic point-and-click... you know... you know why you should be excited. Point-and-click adventures aren't a series I would call popular. But the games make so much sense on Wii. Zack and Wiki is a game of tons (apparently extremely challenging) of puzzles. And it also has one hell of an art style. And what more? You can get this amazing game at $10 off the usual price... $39.95.
[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=NED0zcgYL9o[/media]
Nitrobike

Release Date: November 13, 2007
Players: 1-(probably)4 (6 player minimum online)
Developer, Publisher: Left Field, Ubisoft

Alright, I'm going out on a limb with this one. This game could be bad... I'm not gonna deny that. But all signs (well most signs) point to this game being good! The game is being developed by some of the people behind the brilliant game Excitebike 64. If you loved that game, I don't know why you wouldn't get this. I loved Excite Truck and one of the things it was missing was online play. Well guess what... this has it! The developers have stated that the game will have at least a 6 player online mode and maybe 10 player online mode. The graphics aren't amazing, but the gameplay should make up for it.
[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=bjUlcxLIi18[/media]

LOL, you are right, I'm not interested in any of those games, no offence. I haven't even heard of Endless Ocean and Zack and Wiki.

But, I've been doing some research on BW 2 and it does look like a good game.

Last edited:
Endless Ocean looks like a relaxing game. Swimming with fish and exploring is always fun :p. Battalion wars 2 looks good to I never played the first one but I might soon.

1. Mercury meltdown. a great puzzle game thats intuitive and dirt cheap at $20 .... no reason to avoid it

Dragon ball z boudaki 3. boasting 140 charchters with ONLINE PLAY! cmon now, smash bros has a real competitor there.

lastly

godzilla unleash, godzilla melee on GC was dumb sweet, this next one is gonna be even better

wiiisawesome said:
LOL, you are right, I'm not interested in any of those games, no offence. I haven't even heard of Endless Ocean and Zack and Wiki.

But, I've been doing some research on BW 2 and it does look like a good game.
Check 'em out! Zack and Wiki looks really interesting.

All those games do look good.
Never played the first battalion wars but I will have to check the second one out it looks like .

Blast you.
Now I have a $175 wishlist.

Zack and Wiki (Loved the Curse of Monkey Island game), Nitrobike, and Batallion Wars 2.

Blast ye.

Sillyhat said:
Yeah, I agree I don't know what is so great about that game. It looks terrible.

The game is online, good gameplay, and it seems to have good controls.
Thats why I am looking forward to it.

Back