Today's (3/5) VC games announced

mym6

WiiChat Member
Jan 26, 2007
ND USA
Elevator Action (NES®, 1-2 players, 500 Wii Points): This is a multidirectional, scroll-type spy-action game that is a blast from the past. Control a spy and sneak alone into a building to steal the secret papers hidden there. Use a pistol, kicks, an elevator and even the lights to take out the building's guards. The gun-fighting action is full of thrills. Players will need speed and timing to get on the elevators, move between floors, steal the secret papers and escape from the basement parking lot.

Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts™ (Super NES®, 1 player, 800 Wii Points): The third game in the legendary Ghosts 'n Goblins series of video games, Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts follows Arthur in another quest to rescue the princess, his fair maiden and damsel in distress at large. Players take control of Arthur and defeat the creatures of the night to save the day once more. Discover what glory awaits those brave enough to take on the armies of Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts.

Sword of Vermilion™ (Sega Genesis, 1 player, 800 Wii Points): Sword of Vermilion is about the role of Erik's son, who takes on a quest of revenge to defeat Tsarkon and free the world of Vermilion from evil. In the town of Excalabria, the people went about their business and tended to the fields. One day, vicious fighting broke out everywhere as the army of Cartahena, led by the wizard-king Tsarkon, swarmed all over the town. The townsmen were overwhelmed. The castle of King Erik V collapsed. Erik summoned his bravest, strongest and most faithful warrior, Blade, and gave him his infant son and an ancient family heirloom, the ring of wisdom. He ordered Blade to save himself and the child while the castle burned. Blade traveled to a small village named Wyclif, where he settled down and raised the child as his own son. Eighteen years later, the son of Erik begins his quest. Save the world of Vermilion and fulfill the prophecy of the Malaga fortune-tellers!

The last two sound kinda interesting...looking them up right now to see if I want to use my points on them.

I'd love to play one of the shining force games, I loved shining force 1 and 2 on Genesis(master system in Europe I think)

no kidding, no Tecmo? whoever heard the rumor was true for the other games was right tho, so it cant be far behind.

I was wondering, what IS the difference between Ghosts and Goblins, and Ghouls and Ghosts, didnt play the games much as a kid. I was gonna say, "oh! Capcom is on board now!" but just realized one of the first releases was SFII.
I cant believe we are not getting all those bad ass capcom and konami games yet. still our mandatory shitthead Genesis or Turbo GRafx game instead.

give me TECMO SUPER BOWL or give me death. (oh, and it has to be NES version, my luck they will put up the shitty SNES TecmoSuper Bowl 2 that had nothing to ever do with any of the tecmo legacy)

My random VC request for the week to pull out of the ether is (NES) P.O.W. from SNK i believe, you all know the game. Double dragon + vietnam = repeated jump kicks to Asian dudes faces. + the story goes that you are keestering a pocket watch for your son in your arse who will have never met you by the time he gets it.

I can't say I'm very impressed this week... Nintendo will only be getting $10ish from me this time around. Good thing I saw a Wii Fishing game for rent. And WiiPlay. And I have a ton of other VC games. And this thing called a "life." But, I'll cross my fingers for next week, and for the 3 SNES RPGs I really want. Or Paper Mario..

i was hopping these would end up being better games i have like 5 VC games now "only good games i didnt already own" but were is the classic top sellers like nes punch out, duck hunt SNES all the donky kong country games,etc so far its been a pile of halfway decent games about 10 good games and then a heapin pile of crap games... kinda disapointed in it, although i am pleased with how many systems they managed to round up for it and get the right to use... now they just need to games to match

EvilSonic said:
¬¬´

I´m still waiting for Excite Bike (in US).
Dont wait for Excite Bike 64 it comes with both games

But anyway yeah both weeks have been BS hope they come out with more better games soon (aka Mario RPG, Star Fox, Mario Kart, and some 64 games)

This week's releases is really making me consider joining the weekly hate parade on the new virtual console releases. Give me Tecmo Super Bowl and Star Tropics!

EvilSonic said:
¬¬´
I´m still waiting for Excite Bike (in US).
:werd:
JerrodDRagon said:
But anyway yeah both weeks have been BS hope they come out with more better games soon (aka Mario RPG, Star Fox, Mario Kart, and some 64 games)
Hasn't MK already been released?

Alright Super Ghouls and Ghosts! One of the best SNES games ever made. Also very tough the first time through. Not anywhere near as tough as the recent PSP version.

KungFuDevil said:
why cant nintendo release some good vc gmes

They have been, each month has a few top games, and then some filler. Be patient people, they can't just release it all at once, you fools won't buy them all then.

Back