Total newbie

Tink4321

WiiChat Member
Mar 13, 2011
Depending on the amount of my tax return, I'm going to buy a Wii. Which will be the first game system I've had since a Commodore C64 in the 80s. (Yeah, I know it's not a gaming system, but that's what I used it for.)

So, I'm really a beginner. What games would be good for a new player? I've looked through some titles and found a couple that look like fun - Lego Batman and Blazing Angels WWII squadrons (I'm a huge WWII aviation buff and can't resist). Super Mario Kart looks good, too.

What other games would people suggest? I like sports, driving games, and anything history-related the most. (I don't know what the selection will be on that last one.)

Thanks for any recommendations!

hey there i remember commodore all too well. it is hard to reccomend sports games for the wii when xbox 360 and ps3 do it so much better but mlb 2k11, nba 2k11, nhl slapshot and madden aren't all that bad. need for speed games an alternative to mario kart and cheap on the used market (i've said that a dozen times).

history related? unless you're talking about WWII shooters like call of duty and metal of honor i really don't know what to say about that :/ i don't play those games and have nothing good to say about them...

Back