Training Teams

BigORhyme

"And the food? Good?!"
Sep 28, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I still haven't been able to connect to the internet well enough to play Strikers online at my own house, so I was wondering what Captains and Sidekicks you guys train against versus the computer to hone your online skills.
I know that giving the computer Sidekicks like Boo is useless, because it doesn't quite seem to know how to use him really well, although it seems to handle alternatives like Toad well.
Thanks!

I find that the toughest computer controlled character is DK. As for sidekicks the AI seems to use Birdo and Dry Bones decently in my experience.

You should know how to play with and against Dry Bones. I think he's the best sidekick. Also, know how to defend Hammer Bros deke. And practice intercepting lob passes.

It seems like the computer really does roll quite hard with ole Bones. On level 5 it's able to pick some choice times to go for a teleport score. It has the same talent with Waluigi. I've also found that the computer is really great with the timing of playmaker jukes, and never seems to attempt chip shots.

Last edited:
Well, usually defense/ power type characters usually are harder to beat than others. So I put all the opponent in power/ defense team.

MADHOUZE said:
Well, usually defense/ power type characters usually are harder to beat than others. So I put all the opponent in power/ defense team.

Yeah, the computer seems to have a good sense of exactly how far away they have to be to hit you with power hitters!

Level 5 computer is terrible practice. All it does is hit, and its offensive movement is wayyy to artificial.

I train against level 1. I'll practice shooting with balanced shooters (learning how to make shots from all over the field) and I will practice chip shots.

Level one computer is a pretty good setting to try out open field tactics, but it's not too adept at interceptions and the like.

Back