Tripe AAA Wii titles endangered species alert.

zakrocz

WiiChat Member
Dec 9, 2006
Triple AAA Wii titles endangered species alert.

There's only one game in the upcoming games thread that excites me and that is a sequel to one of the best games of all time, Resident Evil 4, and it has NOT been definately confirmed as being released on Wii.

Apart from that & Mario Galaxy the line up seems as awful and uninspiring as the Gamecube releases.

I'm glad i got my Wii for Zelda, Wii Sports and hopefully some fully featured tennis and golf sims but there isn't one top quality AAA game incoming. Same old Nintendo, no games & this time next year a very small allocation of shelf space at your local Game.

I shall be buying my 360 early next year for Viva Panita and Gears of War, Halo 3 and the definately confirmed RES 4 sequel, EA Dices Battlefield series, Kameo, PD Zero. Like my Gamecube the Wii will soon be covered in dust pushed to the back of my TV cabinet.

HELP!!!

Last edited:
If there isn't any game coming out that you don't like..... Shows me that your not a real nintendo fan... Well switch to Mircosoft and dismember yourself from the wiichat site. Because if you are going to let your wii catch dust means that you need to get the frig....... No hard feelings but i'm just being real.... The Xbox 360 was out from last year. You telling me, that you wait until a year later to say your are going to get your 360? Sounds like you didn't get the Xbox 360 because of the games launch with it...... What you fail to realize is, this controller(wiimote) format is new. So third party companies have to figure out ways to use the controller, the best way with their game. So you need to chill and wait or get the hell out.

Last edited:
i completly agree with the guy that spoke before me ^^

Wii catching dust ... just the thought of it you must be a criminal ... criminals deserve to die ... go die

Game are Sonys bitchies

Besides theres not to meny games out for the wii yet

You are also forgetting upon the virtual console games as well. And also coming out happen to be:

-Elebits (out today)
-Metal Slug Anthology
-Super Smash Bros. Brawl
-Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
-Wii Play
-Mario Party 8
-Pokemon Battle Revolution
-Dragon Quest
-No More Heroes
-Cooking Mama
-Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
-Battalion Wars II
-SSX Blur
-Mortal Kombat Armageddon

And that's just to name a few titles off the top of my head. Nintendo has quite a cool list for games coming out, sure they may not be released at this very moment, but if so many good games were released in one month, how would they be able to top it off within the following months? And don't forget third party titles as well coming out on the Wii.

Did Nintendo limit their licenses to third party developers with the Gamecube or did they invite all developers at this time for the Wii?

I might be running a little off topic here, but think of it this way; the Wii is a safe choice for gamers mainly due to the current format war. If developers want to create HD games they have either licenses with Microsoft's HD-DVD or Sony's Blu-ray. I don't know how difficult it is for developers to code for both formates, but the Wii is a bit more simplified as it's neutral. Sony might be better out of the box considering their drive is integrated where as Micro$oft could decide at anytime to create an integrated Xbox 360HD edition making current users wanting to upgrade.

Sometimes sitting on the fence to see which side wins can be seen as cowardly, but not from a company perspective where there's a lot of money involved. A Wii isn't a huge investment at this early stage and as others have mentioned, coders have yet to get used to the new sensor technology. I was close to getting an Xbox myself, but I realized that my current television equipment isn't up to next generation standards so it's just a poor investment at this time.

In the end it will always be your choice as a gamer and what preferences you have towards your fun factor. Just try not to judge something too harshly right out of the box. Sorry for rambling. ;)

Last edited:
zakrocz said:
There's only one game in the upcoming games thread that excites me and that is a sequel to one of the best games of all time, Resident Evil 4, and it has NOT been definately confirmed as being released on Wii.

Apart from that & Mario Galaxy the line up seems as awful and uninspiring as the Gamecube releases.

I'm glad i got my Wii for Zelda, Wii Sports and hopefully some fully featured tennis and golf sims but there isn't one top quality AAA game incoming. Same old Nintendo, no games & this time next year a very small allocation of shelf space at your local Game.

I shall be buying my 360 early next year for Viva Panita and Gears of War, Halo 3 and the definately confirmed RES 4 sequel, EA Dices Battlefield series, Kameo, PD Zero. Like my Gamecube the Wii will soon be covered in dust pushed to the back of my TV cabinet.

HELP!!!

You signed up on this forum to post that? If you feel that the Wii is going to gain dust then you shouldn't have bought it, nor you should have bought a GameCube. As Kamikaze mentioned, a lot of good games(VC too) are coming out. If they're not your type, then you're not much of a Nintendo fan.

By the way, Resident Evil on the Wii is scheduled for 12/1/07 release date.
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=T000522

casualimp said:
Did Nintendo limit their licenses to third party developers with the Gamecube or did they invite all developers at this time for the Wii?

I might be running a little off topic here, but think of it this way; the Wii is a safe choice for gamers mainly due to the current format war. If developers want to create HD games they have either licenses with Microsoft's HD-DVD or Sony's Blu-ray. I don't know how difficult it is for developers to code for both formates, but the Wii is a bit more simplified as it's neutral. Sony might be better out of the box considering their drive is integrated where as Micro$oft could decide at anytime to create an integrated Xbox 360HD edition making current users wanting to upgrade.

Sometimes sitting on the fence to see which side wins can be seen as cowardly, but not from a company perspective where there's a lot of money involved. A Wii isn't a huge investment at this early stage and as others have mentioned, coders have yet to get used to the new sensor technology. I was close to getting an Xbox myself, but I realized that my current television equipment isn't up to next generation standards so it's just a poor investment at this time.

In the end it will always be your choice as a gamer and what preferences you have towards your fun factor. Just try not to judge something too harshly right out of the box. Sorry for rambling. ;)

You sir, are probably one of the smartest posters I've seen yet here.

@kamikaze

Don't forget Disaster: Day of Crisis. It looks insanely awesome.

Sadness is going to be the ultimate AAA title. I predict this being the Halo or GoW for Wii. Not really a good way to put it, but this is, or atleast I hope this will be, a great game!

Homesrfan said:
Sadness is going to be the ultimate AAA title. I predict this being the Halo or GoW for Wii. Not really a good way to put it, but this is, or atleast I hope this will be, a great game!

The graphics will definitely be very good on this. having a game in grayscale means less processing, and because of that they can be MUCH more detailed. It'll be the first 'resident evil 4' of Wii and sets the standard for all the other games on the Wii I believe.

Wii release list for 1st quarter 2007 Europe

Sadly my worst fears have been realised by the following list, Gamecube anybody

WarioWare: Smooth Moves (Nintendo): January 12
Excite Truck (Nintendo): February 16
Kororinpa (Hudson): February 23
Baja Racing (Conspiracy): February 2007
Disney’s Chicken Little: Ace in Action (Disney / Buena Vista Games): February 2007
Wing Island (Hudson): March 23
Bionicle Heroes (Eidos): March 23
SSX Blur (EA): March 2007
Mario Party 8 (Nintendo): March 2007
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 (EA): March 2007
Bust a Move Wii (505 Games): March 2007
Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 (Namco Bandai Games): March 2007
Disney’s Meet the Robinsons (Disney / Buena Vista Games): March 2007
Sonic and the Secret Rings (Sega): March 2007
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Ubisoft): March 2007
Heatseeker (Codemasters): Q1 2007
Metal Slug Anthology (Ignition): Q1 2007
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon (Midway Games): Q1 2007
Rampage: Total Destruction (Midway Games): Q1 2007
The Ant Bully (Midway Games): Q1 2007
The Grim Adventure of Billy & Mandy (Midway Games): Q1 2007
Impossible Mission (System 3): Q1 2007
Leaderboard Golf (System 3): Q1 2007
Puzzle Balls (System 3): Q1 2007
Tennis Masters (System 3): Q1 2007
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII (Ubisoft): Q1 2007

BlightedArt said:
You should have thought of this before buying a Wii to begin with.

I bought it because of Wii Sports and Zelda.

So are you licking your lips in anticipation at this release schedule? Maybe your a teenager who these games are aimed at, but I am 40 and the Wii marketing has been aimed at my age group and the female consumer far more than any other previous Nintendo console, so now Nintendo needs to deliver to us or end up becoming the novelty many commentators have predicted.

It's true that so far there's a distinct lack of AAA titles on the horizon for the Wii, but to be fair it was only launched a few weeks ago. There weren't many games to look forward to for the 360 when that was released either, but look at it now. There's a ton of what will probably be AAA games out next year (Assassin's Creed, Too Human, Halo 3, GTA 4, Resident Evil 5, etc.). It could just be a matter of time.

Back