UK: Sony gave out free 46" Sony Bravia LCD HDTV's

Squall7 said:
You have to wonder about their ulterior motives though. Sony must have lost a lot of money from those freebies...

What they hope to spend, they hope to get back. No wonder people are spinning this "PS3 most successful launch" rubbish. The PS3 has been damned by a number of factors, such as bad PR, higher price, launch delays, lost exclusives, bad publicity (to the contrary of no publicity is bad publicity) etc...

All in all, I'm not sure if this free HDTV's thing will work for them. Everyone already knows that the free TV's were only given out to around 100 people. If you go into a store today and go to buy a PS3 and ask about the free HDTV, then you'll be very much disappointed. Likewise, everyone knows that Sony is a large company and companies exist to make money. It just depends on whether you want what they sell...

On one of the WiiChat shows they said company's dont make money on the consoles. They loose money from the consoles, the money is made from the games. Sony has put on the market the best technology they could for the gaming community.

Nintendo gave away Wii Play, Wii Sports, or some free game depending where you're from. Sony gave away HDTVs depending on your area. Im not sure what Microsoft has given away yet. Microsoft is coming out with a release of the XBOX 360 Black Elite really soon, maybe they'll have some give aways also.

Tonight there'll be another unveiling from Microsoft. I hope they give away some stuff too. Maybe Microsoft XBOX 360 will be able to connect to Windows Vista and they'll give out some free Windows Vista. Who knows? Maybe free Halo 3 with the Microsoft XBOX 360 Elite.

kidtmnt said:
On one of the WiiChat shows they said company's dont make money on the consoles. They loose money from the consoles, the money is made from the games. Sony has put on the market the best technology they could for the gaming community.

Nintendo gave away Wii Play, Wii Sports, or some free game depending where you're from. Sony gave away HDTVs depending on your area. Im not sure what Microsoft has given away yet. Microsoft is coming out with a release of the XBOX 360 Black Elite really soon, maybe they'll have some give aways also.

Tonight there'll be another unveiling from Microsoft. I hope they give away some stuff too. Maybe Microsoft XBOX 360 will be able to connect to Windows Vista and they'll give out some free Windows Vista. Who knows? Maybe free Halo 3 with the Microsoft XBOX 360 Elite.

Giving away games with systems is nothing new, HDTVs and free rides are a bit bribey there. And the Wii is making money per console sold. (like 100$)

PtonJalken said:
Giving away games with systems is nothing new, HDTVs and free rides are a bit bribey there. And the Wii is making money per console sold. (like 100$)

Can you please explain bribey? Where did you find info on Wii's making like $100 per console? I need to email the Wiichat.com guys about this.

kidtmnt said:
Can you please explain bribey? Where did you find info on Wii's making like $100 per console? I need to email the Wiichat.com guys about this.

Bribery* or however u spell it. And its very common sense that the Wii is making money per console.. ask anyone on these forums that do their homework. But if you insist, ill get you some links.

PtonJalken said:
Bribery* or however u spell it. And its very common sense that the Wii is making money per console.. ask anyone on these forums that do their homework. But if you insist, ill get you some links.

Do you think there should be rules as to what a company can give away?

kidtmnt said:
Do you think there should be rules as to what a company can give away?

Companies can give away whatever they want, but giving away tv's worth more then the actual system is pretty.. pathetic?

There are bad areas everywhere, poverty isn't specific to region, providence, district or part..let's not allocate farcical myths due to a lack of knowledge. Everyone, everywhere is succumbed to this type of environment at one time or another..America has some cleaning up to due that's for sure. Leave it at that.

"Companies can give away whatever they want, but" you made an exception to the rule.

The store I work at had a paintball drive-by the night before launch.

Back