Umbrella Chronicles Bundle

Aw WTF, are you kidding, where have I been, this game is on-rail? worth less junk. I don't even want to pick this game up anymore if it's on-rail

Mingus said:
Aw WTF, are you kidding, where have I been, this game is on-rail? worth less junk. I don't even want to pick this game up anymore if it's on-rail

On rail games can be fun, havnt you ever played an arcade shooter?

Yeah, and I think they're not very entertaining at most times. I mean, on occasion. But the only reason for on-rail games was because they could not, at the time, create very good fps with detailed enough graphics so with an image that does not move and only moves where it is told they can do whole lot more. Now that they are perfectly capable there is no reason for them to do that. They're just being lazy and creating something worth while. They just want to get money as fast as they can.

i think the reason this on rails is so they can tell the story of everything, being on rails and not having to worry about **** but shooting and the story is what they are going for i think. ill pick it up as a bundle might as well.

I think it's almost certain that the bundle will be cheaper than buying them seperate, so I will get them together. Is the Zapper still coming with Ghost Squad as well? With Capcom including it with UC, that might damage the sales of Ghost Squad I think. I for one was only going to get Ghost Squad, if it was a decent game, and I saved a good amount on the Zapper. But now I might not get it, but then again I might so I can have two Zappers for multiplayer (depending on the price of everything, I can't be bothered giving figures for an example!).

I really like the idea of UC being on-rails. It's by no means a replacement for RE:5 and it is not the next chapter in the story. As JeremyGTS said, the game is showing the whole story of the earlier Resi Evils, so it makes sense being on-rails as it isn't one in-depth chapter of the story, its a few put together. I don't think there would be much point in just re-releasing the earlier Resi Evils in one game. It's more of a 'fun' game to tell the whole story, with some extras I believe.
Plus, on-rails is fun in my opinion, you can just pick it up and play for about 20 minutes and then walk away. Whereas with a 'proper' Resi Evil games, it's hard not to play for a lengthy amount of time. And with the Zapper it should be awesome!

Lewi T said:
I think it's almost certain that the bundle will be cheaper than buying them seperate, so I will get them together. Is the Zapper still coming with Ghost Squad as well? With Capcom including it with UC, that might damage the sales of Ghost Squad I think. I for one was only going to get Ghost Squad, if it was a decent game, and I saved a good amount on the Zapper. But now I might not get it, but then again I might so I can have two Zappers for multiplayer (depending on the price of everything, I can't be bothered giving figures for an example!).

I really like the idea of UC being on-rails. It's by no means a replacement for RE:5 and it is not the next chapter in the story. As JeremyGTS said, the game is showing the whole story of the earlier Resi Evils, so it makes sense being on-rails as it isn't one in-depth chapter of the story, its a few put together. I don't think there would be much point in just re-releasing the earlier Resi Evils in one game. It's more of a 'fun' game to tell the whole story, with some extras I believe.
Plus, on-rails is fun in my opinion, you can just pick it up and play for about 20 minutes and then walk away. Whereas with a 'proper' Resi Evil games, it's hard not to play for a lengthy amount of time. And with the Zapper it should be awesome!

I agree with you.

For me this game is my priority over games like brawl and galaxy.

Ill be getting this game, but probably not with the zapper (unless its a good price). But with mario kart wii I dont think ill be able to go without the Wii Wheel

Mongrol said:
Ill be getting this game, but probably not with the zapper (unless its a good price). But with mario kart wii I dont think ill be able to go without the Wii Wheel
Will there be the option of buying Mario Kart Wii with or without the Wii Wheel? I'll be getting it with it of course, I want to try it out. Plus I already have a 3rd party Wii Wheel (I didn't buy it, got it as a present) which I don't use as I don't like the control setup for that in NFS Carbon. But now I'd have two, for multiplayer!

Also, to change what I said earlier, I will be buying Ghost Squad now, and with the Zapper, as I really like the look of the game.

I'm not sure if this has been posted but there's an IGN hands-on preview (here) about RE:UC, it seems to be growing on them quite a bit and I'm really looking forward to that as well.

These games will be very handy as I want some games where I can play in short bursts, as when I'm back at uni I won't have full days where I can just play hour after hour, so these will provide my boredom with some satisfaction, even if I'm just filling in a 10 or 20 minute slot in my busy schedule!

hmm...im still thinking about buying the zapper.....i like to feel like playing a rail game at a arcade place.....like time crisis

wario2ooo said:
hmm...im still thinking about buying the zapper.....i like to feel like playing a rail game at a arcade place.....like time crisis

Ghost squad is more similar to time crisis.

I however will be buying Ghost Squad and Umbrella Chronicles, being a fan of on-rail shooters.

Cpt.McCloud said:
Ghost squad is more similar to time crisis.

I however will be buying Ghost Squad and Umbrella Chronicles, being a fan of on-rail shooters.
yeah...i seen the preview....lol

i wonder if they reload the same way as time crisis....lol

wario2ooo said:
yeah...i seen the preview....lol

i wonder if they reload the same way as time crisis....lol

I think they will, its very fast paced so I would expect.

Back