Unintentional Racial Stereotypes

Celeste

WiiChat Member
Jun 21, 2007
Wii Online Code
2937-4259-9208-4198
I think everyone has them.
What are yours, whether they're common or uncommon, irrational or somewhat justified in societal circumstances...just blurt them out, k?
This could get ~*juicy*~, amirite?

Ah, lovely thread, guvna. Scone?

Anyway, concerned with race and all that, I'm not really bothered if they talk in our language, that tells me that they actually want to be in the country, but people from, say the Middle East that don't speak our language, I think they're here to mooch off our benefits. However, if someone French is here, hey, they're just visiting, they can come here all they like!

Last edited:
Maybe I should start, incase some people don't exactly know what I mean.

Okay, I'm walking through the subway station in Toronto at night.
I pass a group of Asian guys. I'm not very intimidated at all.
I pass a group of guys from Pakistan. Not very intimidated at all.
I pass a group of black guys. Scared shitless.

Not very nice, or fair, but in Toronto, unfortunately it's usually justified.
I have had SO many scary and uncomfortable experiences. They are what I base this on, and feel really guilty. I love me some classy brothaz :\

Your turn.

Last edited:
It's not race, it's more of a way people dress themselves, like hoody immediately means run for your life.

Sometimes I forget to call Latino people Latino and accidentally say Mexican..But I always correct myself as soon as I think about it and apologize.
Also, I mostly assume any African American that isn't fat is athletic..That one is bad..

for me....um....Mexicans...yes, my own kind but only the ones who dress in red or on blue and proclaim there color and yell "NORTE!" or "SORENO"

Also how if im on a plane and i see a middle eastern person...im praying to god his name isnt Achmed or Asama and im scared F%$&ing Shitless......

I definitely stereotype people. There isn't a person on this planet that doesn't judge others.

The biggest thing I hate about racial stereotyping is reverse discrimination. I don't consider myself to be racist by any means, but people seem to point out the stupidest things.

*waits for something to respond to*

- I assume Muslim women who wear hijab think those who don't are weak and immodest, among other things.
- I assume most of the world's religious population would conclude I'm going to hell for being an astonishingly liberal, bisexual athiest. When apparently, there are some people out there who wouldn't judge me on those things. I've only ever met two, but they're lovely.

If your a bully always get the jewish people to do your math homework....:( im horribal....lol

yeah i'm not one to sterotype that much, but i have yet to see an asain lady do good at driving....whenever i see an asian trying to reverse park behind me, i know they're going to take forever, and in the end it's still going to be a bad job....seriously asians in my town live up to every single stereotype of them

black people- i guess it's where i live, but i don't think most black people round my hood steal/ live up to their stereotypes

and yes, most of my brown friends smell bad, but it's not so much their natural smell, it's just their crazy about cologne, and put on half a bottle before they leave the house

Back