Up-coming controllers?

Nick111

WiiChat Member
Jan 1, 2007
Wii Online Code
8249-1363-6620-2544
Does anyone know/think Nintendo will introduce a regular controller such as the classic controller.
I don't know if it is true or not but i heard the classic controller is only allowed to play the classic games.

Many of my friends were interested in the Wii but are starting to get mixed feelings because they feel that they will not always like using the regular wii-mote.
On the other hand, I like the Wii-mote but i also think it is a good idea for a regular controller on the side.

Also on a very different side note, a yes or no answer from users who have the composite cables.... Was it worth it?????

Thanks

There is a 'regular' controller available and in america there is a 'super size' one too.

Composite is better if your TV has the proper facility

Nick111 said:
Also on a very different side note, a yes or no answer from users who have the composite cables.... Was it worth it?????

Thanks

I believe you mean Component cables since the Wii ships with composite cables. If so the opinions are mixed, while the picture is clearer certain games or scenes appear more jagged with component cables.

Nick111 said:
Does anyone know/think Nintendo will introduce a regular controller such as the classic controller.
The Gamecube controllers work on the Wii, as well, for games that support it (currently just VC games). I have heard that Smash Brothers Brawl will not use the Wii remote, but rather the Gamecube controller, however this has not been confirmed and that game is still several months away.

While I like that idea, because it lets the Wii play games that the other next-gen consoles get that wouldn't port well to the Wiimote, it leaves people who didn't have a GC out of the loop and having to buy GC controllers. I've got three, so I'm not worried.

Nick111 said:
I don't know if it is true or not but i heard the classic controller is only allowed to play the classic games.

Wii games can use the classic controller if they are programmed for it.

Yes. At the moment I cant be bothered to turn the Wii on because basicly im tired.... The Wii can be restricting due to the fact that alot more engery has to be used than other consoles such as the XBOX360 and the PS3.

Hopefully they wont make games only for a classic controller, but give the user the option to use either the Wiimote or the Classic controller. I think redsteel, zelda (The only games I own) could easily be used with the classic controller.

Yes this is what i mean...
Let's take an example... say Madden 07
I believe they should have the option of which controller you would like to use. Like you can go into the options of the game and choose out of x# of controllers. (and if they don't want to switch classic controllers.. make different one.. i mean if you have to copy damn sony or xbox, they copied you at one point)

Although this would be cool, i have a bad feeling because since Wii is already out.. and they might not be able to allow this type of change. (Wii's capability)

As to the post of having to use gamecube controllers for the wii (especially for ssbb)... i think that is a bad move.. Nintendo has introduced a kick ass system, SO what are they thinking of doing?
Relying on old controllers? Come on Nintendo, don't disappoint people. =/

Thanks for the responses...
And what the hell.. component cables enhance some play while destroying other play... weird

well for the games out right now.. too late. we'll have to wait for the new games to come out and see if anything new gets updated

Although this is slightly off topic, does anyone think that there will not be many third party Wiimotes compared to PS2, XBox and XBox 360. There seems to be a multitude of them but they also seem easier to make. Will third party companies bother to make Wii-Motes?

Ya, I have seen that zapper.. and think it is cool... but i am more concerned/scared that there will not be many first person shooters.... damn Nintendo should have got Gears of war.. that game looks beastly

There should be a cool controller waiting for it...even though people only get it mainly for the Wii-mote. I'd play it both ways really...just depends on what type of game I'm playing.

Back