Up-coming controllers?

Nick111 said:
Ya, I have seen that zapper.. and think it is cool... but i am more concerned/scared that there will not be many first person shooters.... damn Nintendo should have got Gears of war.. that game looks beastly

Totally agree but then again I think Gears of War has way too much stuff going on for IR to mess up.

true... and another thing that scares me about the zapper is i wonder if it is comfortable to move around (analog stick) it is kinda high up there

I'm sure it feel great, I mean look at where the trigger is and look where the analog stick.

Nick111 said:
Yes this is what i mean...
Let's take an example... say Madden 07
I believe they should have the option of which controller you would like to use. Like you can go into the options of the game and choose out of x# of controllers. (and if they don't want to switch classic controllers.. make different one.. i mean if you have to copy damn sony or xbox, they copied you at one point)

Although this would be cool, i have a bad feeling because since Wii is already out.. and they might not be able to allow this type of change. (Wii's capability)

As to the post of having to use gamecube controllers for the wii (especially for ssbb)... i think that is a bad move.. Nintendo has introduced a kick ass system, SO what are they thinking of doing?
Relying on old controllers? Come on Nintendo, don't disappoint people. =/

Thanks for the responses...
And what the hell.. component cables enhance some play while destroying other play... weird

uhhhhh..... I don't think this guy has ever owned a GCN.

I mean, why use an awesome controller that fits in the hand, has different colored/shaped buttons, and is cheap b/c a lot made already? Nintendo should waste more money trying to perfect a last-gen controller that was already flawless. </sarcasm>

Also, does the dual analog of the classic controller remind you of the Playstation controller that came under much criticism?

Last edited:
Ok Ok.. I haven't personally owned a GCN but my friend does... yes the game controllers are good... but why use something old with something new..
on the other hand, I also heard the gamecude controllers won't be able to play all wii games... I don't know if this is true.. but this is what I heard.

Nick111 said:
Ok Ok.. I haven't personally owned a GCN but my friend does... yes the game controllers are good... but why use something old with something new..
on the other hand, I also heard the gamecude controllers won't be able to play all wii games... I don't know if this is true.. but this is what I heard.

Wow....just wow. First, the last point, why would you even want to use the gamecube controllers to play wii games. That is what the wii controller is for. In fact, I think I am going to use it in my sig. hehehehe.

Second, did you even read what I said to you earlier? The gamecube controller was very good. Ninty would not have to spend money to design and manufacture a new controller. The wii has a new controller, if you want the same controls as a regular gamepad play your ps3 or Xbox. For genres that would not fit, just use GCN.

Finally, please don't think that I left sony off the hook in the previous paragraph and the costs of a new controller. seriously...... That is like playing the wii with an N64 controller with motion detection stuck in it. Uhhhhh

It doesn't make any sense to let people off the hook by offering a different type of controller [traditional] to play Wii. Its like throwing their entire selling point and marketing out the window. They'd just be another ps3 or xbox. Its a step backwards.

According to my friend, super smash bros wont use the sensor bar or the WiiMote, but Im not too sure can anyone confirm him right/wrong.

What else would you use I mean I'm sure they would not go with the gc contoller because they want to utilize all the Wii's funtions, even if you're using the Wiimote sideways I'm sure it will work.

The thing with SSBB is how the hell you could control the moves. The game has a multitude of buttons needed and there aren't that many available to the Wii remote. And motion sensitivity may be too inaccurate to allow for precise moves. It just seems like the system would be a little awkward to play using motion sensitivity. But if they do manage to get a good system going I would be all for it.

psyichic said:
The thing with SSBB is how the hell you could control the moves. The game has a multitude of buttons needed and there aren't that many available to the Wii remote. And motion sensitivity may be too inaccurate to allow for precise moves. It just seems like the system would be a little awkward to play using motion sensitivity. But if they do manage to get a good system going I would be all for it.

Very true, I do agree with you that it would have to be a good control system in order to play an battle game like that, otherwise I can see myself deliberatly throwing my Wiimote at the TV cause I didn't preform the move I wanted :crazy:

Maybe you could turn the Wiimote to the side...wait...less buttons...you could use the Wiimote and the nunchuk. Move around with the nunchuk since it has the analog stick and pwn people with the buttons on the Wiimote...-.-'

Fatty Mac said:
Maybe you could turn the Wiimote to the side...wait...less buttons...you could use the Wiimote and the nunchuk. Move around with the nunchuk since it has the analog stick and pwn people with the buttons on the Wiimote...-.-'
Yea but you can all ready do that, in call of duty three you can change the controlls to make it so B fires and you can move with analoug stick.:thumbsup:

but how comfortable would that be.. SSBB has many moves... the reason i was wondering if there would be a new controller is if you feel like taking a break from the wii-mote and using something normal... yes this might get rid of their selling point.. (i like the wii-mote).. but wouldn't it be better if you had the damn option.. than maybe some people who don't like the controller (wii-mote) could play the wii..

branwy.. i didn't say i wanted to play wii games with GCN controllers.. you told me that some wii games have the capability to do that.. and thats why i said that.
as for Nintendo wasting money... i am not saying just waste money and throw out a crappy controller.. what if they took something like a classic controller and made it better!
i am not trying to fight, just trying to make a point

Back