*UPDATE* On Wii ModChips

TexasDudeUSA

WiiChat Member
Feb 15, 2007
Alright so here's the deal. I've been searching for chips for a few months and here is the current info:

CycloWiz: Certain (or all) companies have dropped this modchip...interesting.

WiiKey: Finally is in stores and looks a whole lot better than the CycloWiz but is mainly pre-order.

Wiinja Deluxe: Still available but after they made their first chip non-upgradeable, I can't trust the next chip from them.

With these in mind, which one is the best?

I don't care about Modchips but it's not my choice what YOU do.

But im not mean and I don't just go around moaning about people choosing to use Modchips:

so to answer you question, out of that list It'd go for Wiikey, Get your preorder down and wait it out dude.

i've seen somewhere that the makers of the Wiinja have confirmed it doesn't work with certain disk drives, and that all series 1 chips are the same.....

Even if you do successfully mod your Wii, as long as it is connected to the net all Nintendo have to do is download a firmware update to stop the chip functioning. Still interested?

me, i'd rather not take a soldering iron to my Wii, knowing that whatever i do could be bypassed in an update....

But what about updateable chips. Same thing. And yea i would go with the WIIKey too.

You have a CycloWiz? Who did you get it from and how is it? (Other than it works fine)

Yeah, I ordered it from www.modchipstore.com and it works exactly as it's advertised to. It plays backups of other games, it plays GC backups and homebrew. Which is all I use it for.

I've never soldered anything before in my life, so it was kind of scary taking apart my Wii and working with that tiny ass chip. I broke open an alarm clock and soldered a wire back together that I pulled out. My hands are really shakey.

go with the WiiKey bro wait it out its worth it..:thumbsup:

wouldnt the ultimate solution be a boot disc, something like the had with the original play station. You would load the disc in first, it would read, take it out, and but in the back up

currently there are some people that are workin on making linux to work as a channel on the wii :aureola: (not me :smilewinkgrin: ) but anyways when it works the power this little machine will have will be great there will be working imulators from different systems and u can just put roms in instread of buying them through the online store.

omn friday i`m modding my wii and because that here in chile the game cost the double than in USA or any other country for example ZELDA TP 40-50 bucks USA here ZELDA TP 100 bucks this sucks >_>

Back