USB Connector Range

Jimmer1720

Awating Headset Support
Aug 29, 2007
Wherever you aren't.
Now, I have a Nintendo Wi-fi USB connector, which just plugs into your usb port then sends a signal to the wii, thus establishing a connection.

My question to you guys is, what is the range that this thing has? I'm pretty sure mine is at max but I'm not sure.

Also, I don't want to sound like a retard, but can the signal travel through dry wall? Because if it can that could solve a lot of problems for me.

All posts will be acknowledged.:smilewinkgrin:

i use it 2 and my computer is in another room through a wall and my wii is about 30ft away and i get a perfect signal

warwick i have about the same setup as you with my computer in another room but it never connects i take it in that room and it works do you have any idea why it wont connect

maybe ur computer is giving off interference cause whenever i have it connected directly to the computer without the extention attachment it doesnt work so i use the extention and i get the usb as far away from the computer in the direction that my wii is and it works fine but if it gets to close to the computer it wont work

EDIT: also the interference doesnt block the signal but it weakens it considerbly so it cant go through walls which also explains why it would still work from in that room

Last edited:
well when i had mine, my wii was in my basement and my wi-fi usb connector was 1.5 stories above it(i have a story inbetween, but it's only 1 room)

it worked fine

however my bro lives in an apartment, that's small as hell(his bedroom and living room are the same)

and he had ot have his wii rightbeside the wi-fi usb connector

mine is 45ft from my usb + it's runs through 3 walls but it's still working!!! level 2 signal 4 me.

my 81st post wohoo?

Back