USB connectors?

rikuwobliv

WiiChat Member
Feb 23, 2008
So, I've been trying for months now to get my Wii online, yet everytime I try, my parents either refuse to buy the wireless router (I can't afford it myself since, at the moment I'm 16 and jobless) or, they messed up and bought a wireless router type thing that hooks up phones, but not my Wii.

I found out that my mom had been using a Wireless G USB adaptor, and decided I'd give it a try, but so far I've had no luck in setting up a wireless connection to my Wii at all. Any comments on how exactly I'd go about getting it connected to my Wii would be nice. Step by step is probably best since I fail at taking directions otherwise. <_<

Yeah, the only reason I don't do that, is that the Router is at the other end of my house. Thus, it'd never make it.

Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Adapter

You could just use the the Nintendo Wi-fi USB adapter that you use to get your nintendo DS online. You can buy one in your local games shop. Works a treat and it is really easy to install. Furthermore you get a really fast connection in most cases it is faster than wireless broadband.

And in the States it only costs $30 ... i think.

connecting to your mom's wireless router will be the only reliable method... don't use any other gimmicks...

it sounds to me that you just discovered that your mom actually does use a wireless card on that wireless router... who setup that router? what config was used to make the laptop work?

if you can get the laptop on then the wii should work ok (of configured correctly)...

no one can give step by step directions since we don't have any details/make/model/config of you equipment

whoever configured your mom's wireless G should be able to help with the wii config.

Back