usb-ethernet adapter HELP

weedman uk

monkeyball king
Jul 22, 2007
England
Wii Online Code
3610-2610-6710-6545
Hi all prolly me been dumb but can i use any ehternet cable 2 connect the usb - ether adapter cos i tryed my old 360 cable and it dont work so i just wanted 2 know b4 i go buy another cable. :crazy: Oh and this is how i connect it ether cable direct from my ether port on my pc to the usb adapter wich connects 2 the usb ports on my wii

Last edited:
There are basically 2 types of RJ45 Ethernet cable: standard and crossover. Standard is what connects a device to a hub, switch or router; crossover is what connects one device to another device.

My understanding is that the Wii USB-Ethernet adapter comes with a standard Ethernet cable. So if you're going to be connecting it directly to a hub/switch you're fine, but if you're going to connect it to your PC's network card (so your PC can route between your Internet connection and the Wii), then you'll need a crossover cable.

You can tell which is which by placing the plugs side by side. A standard cable will have the same colours in the same positions on both connectors; a crossover has a different layout (the wire colours will look different).

Back