USB Keyboard For Wii Help =S

the-triforce

Super Smash Bros
Feb 11, 2007
Ive Got my USB keyboard all plugged in it works on memo and internet but the problem is when i type in u,i,o,l,k it comes up with numbers on the screen, has anyone had the same problem, could it be the keyboard?

tri-force.

The same things happens to my keyboard as it doesn't have a numpad at the side and Opera turns on Number Lock by default.

Check your keyboard for a key called "NumLk". You may have to press Fn+NumLk to get those keys back.

Croyzers

Last edited:
Thats cool.

I'm glad you have your keyboard working - it so much nicer using the keyboard than the Wiimote to type in things.

Has anyone figured out a way to make one of the function keys act as the "OK" key? It's rather annoying to be typing a message or filling out an entry spot on the browser and then to have to stop and pick up the wiimote to click on OK.

What kind of keyboard are using? I'm looking at getting one and i want to buy one that works.

Is alt + enter really "ok" ? I'm also looking for a relatively cheap wireless usb keyboard for my Wii. Does anyone know some good ones that work?

Edit: Here are some shortcuts you can use which I found on a site posted by someone on these forums:

alt enter: select "OK" in the Wii virtual keyboard screen (very handy when filling in text boxes)
alt backspace: select "Quit" in the Wii virtual keyboard screen
up arrow: scroll page up
down arrow: scroll page down
left arrow: scroll page left
right arrow: scroll page right
+ sign: zoom in (also num pad)
- sign: zoom out (also num pad
backspace: previous page
ctrl left arrow: previous page
ctrl right arrow: next page

They were using the Logitech Cordless Desktop S510.

Last edited:
I've tested 3 keyboards on the wii (a wireless Microsoft one, a cheapo £5.00 one from Tescos and a wired Zippy keyboard with blue lights behind the keys)

All work really well with the wii, so I don't think you are going to have any problems using any keyboard. Just make sure that it has a USB plug!

One problem I have with the Zippy keyboard is that when the wii is on standby mode, the usb port still provides power to the keyboard, so the background keyboard lights stay on all the time! I can switch the lights off on the keyboard, but they always go on if I hit standby on the wiimote, or leave Opera and go to the wii menu, or even when starting a game.

It's really weird but its like the wii resets itself when you start a different software/game than the one you are using. Basically, avoid luminescent keyboards!!!

USB Keyboard for Wii Help

I noticed that also. The USB hub I use has an indicator light to show that it's connected and everytime the Wii switches 'channels' the lights go off and then on again. Probably the Wii powers off all external connections during the 10 secs or so it's going back to the main menu.

Dr. Mom

I just got a Dell keyboard that came with my sisters computer and it works great.

Back