USB Ports?

Krusty150

The Random One
Dec 29, 2006
NY
ok as most of you all wii owners know there are 2 usb ports in the back... now what i want to know is that exactly are those used for?

you can charge usb devices(ipods, etc.) and the wired connection ethernet adapter plugs into one of them

hay i got an ipod i guess that could be a somewhat helpfull use........maybe?

There are wiimote chargers that use them, there is also a cooling base that uses them.

I use it for the Wii LAN adapter for a more reliable connection to the internet.

At the moment its not used for anything great, however most think it will be used to connect an external hardrive or external Dvd drive to the wii in the near future.

cannon said:
At the moment its not used for anything great, however most think it will be used to connect an external hardrive or external Dvd drive to the wii in the near future.

There's another post debunking the external hd rumor, as far as external dvd I doubt it because future wii models will play dvds, it'd be fairly pointless to make a dvd external drive.

pretty sure they said on Attack of the Show yesterday that there would be no external hard drive, but they were working on a keyboard for it. other than that, im using it to charge my mp3 (ipods suck).

I never said anything about "NINTENDO" releasing the external Hardrive or the external Dvd drive. It has been reported all around the internet that 3rd party companies are interested in developing these. Oh and about they guy that said that future wii's will have dvd capabilities, i work in the gaming industry and there hasnt been any info about a wii with a dvd player being released anywere but in Japan.

lol i wish i could use them to take photos strait off the digi camera,im too lazy to go out and buy an SD card adapter lol

Back