USB wifi connector still not working

bark52

WiiChat Member
Dec 30, 2007
hi i posted here a long time ago about my wifi problem with the usb device. it still is stubborn and won't work. let me fill you in:

Internet: a USB device that gets internet from cell phone waves. high speed, yes it is.
The computer is windows XP eMachine

I have connected using the same computer before, but it never completely worked, because everytime i shut the wii or computer off, i would totally have to re-install everything to get it to work again. It never opened when i tried it the next day.

so today it actually opened again, but the computer didn't detect the signal from the wii. error code 51040

so i erased it as normal, and tried it again. It didn't work though; the connection test failed.

so i typed up the error code, and tried completely uninstalling it according to what the website said. (this involved going into the actual CD drive, and deleting some random drivers and other technical things, according to this link: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/onlineUSBuninstall.jsp

so then it was uninstalled, and i tried re-installing. Internet connection sharing failure message appeared. So i re-started the computer

now everytime it loads, it will get about 75% done and then tell me to plug in the USB device (when it already is plugged in) and then it says "APPLICATION ERROR" and quits.

Can someone help me??? i'm extremely frustrated right now and i just want this to work. Thank you in advance, ill look in later.

-jon

If you have any security programs on your computer, you may have to add this program to any "allowed" lists or the like. Having to reinstall it everytime the computer shuts down might mean a security program on your computer can't trust it...

If this doesn't work, let me know.

OK so i disabled the firewall and tried to re install the CD and it still gets about 75% done and then an error message pops up which tells me to insert the USB device (which it already is in a USB)
so i think something is defective somewhere...

what is the error message exactly; i had a problem which sounds quite similar to yours just today.

I got about 75% of the way through and it said ' plug the nintendo wifi usb adapter into the usb port. i overcame this problem by completely uninstalling it (as i realised it was still partly functioning) took the disc out cleaned it then completely installed it and i have had no problems it works fine. Try thi and make sure you have internet sharing enabled.

Write back i may be able to help if this dont do it for you. :D

do you use any EA nation games, if so take the game out of the wii when done and it will run smoothly.

where were the files which you had to delete to completely erase the program from your computer? Whenever i uninstalled the program completely, it would say that it was erased, but a portion of the files could not be erased. Wherever those files are, do i have to erase them?

and by the way yes, my error message was exactly the same as Scott F's error message

haha and PS: it did give me some **** about internet sharing- if it does pop up that it failed, how do enable this?

Last edited:
Back