VC Game Suggestions - What to buy?

LevesqueIsKing

An Instant Classic
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
I am a fairly young gamer. My first console was the N64 (ahh, I can still remember opening it on christmas day and going crazy, nevermind that, though), but my sister had a snes and my cousin had a nes (all she had was duckhunt and tmnt, but tmnt was LOADS of fun...at the time), so Ive played all Nintendo consoles, its just that I didnt know much about the NES SNES or even the N64. I am asking you guys for suggestions on games that I should buy off of the VC (not necessarily games that are out right now). This is my list so far:

Duck Hunt (if you can use wii-remote)
Metroid
Super Metroid
Donkey Kong Country 3
Yoshi's Island (maybe)
Super Smash Bros.

I would prefer people to shy away from the BEST games for each console, because I have checked out all of the 'top 10' lists and this is what I have comprised. I would rather you tell me games that you in particular liked, and not necessarily the rest of the fanbase. I am not going to buy many games, most likely 5-10.
Also, the reason I dont have any Mario/Zelda games is because (1)I played Mario on the SNES for YEARS as a child, and I am absolutely sick of it. I wouldnt play a single level of mario if you payed me and (2)I tried playing the original Zelda games on my Cube Collector's Disk and I just couldn't get into the storyline. However, I do like the current Zelda's.

Thanks a lot everyone.

Thats a great list you've got so far. All quality games that you'll enjoy.

As far as other games besides those, I think Street Fighter 2: The World Warrior is a great game. The best fighting game on the VC so far. Its 800 points and its a genesis game, so you'll need a GCube or VC controller to play it.

Other personal favorites of mine:

Mario Kart 64(even thought you said that you didnt like the most popular games from each system)

Bomberman 93' for the TurboGrafix16. Thats 5 player, you can use the wiimote, or the GC and VC controllers, plus its only 600 points.

I'll edit if i think of any others.
Hope that helps,

-Brandon

Cant go wrong with sonic the hedgehog, i didnt grow up on sega, do i didnt see the hype, and it was a quality game

My favourite game from any system would have to be the lost vikings series! Especially the first one on the SNES, i cant wait till that comes out on VC, will be a great day!

river city ransom, for the nes where u went round beating ppl up for the coins, it had catchy music and was a good two player!

I would get sonic. I still have my old sega and all the sonic games. You cant go wrong with sonic

just the other day i was walkin by my sega and noticed it said High-definition graphics lol

Back