vertical stand

domientius

WiiChat Member
Oct 26, 2007
I leave my Wii sitting horizontal, though the skin I have my eye on is printed with the vertical stand in mind.

Will leavign the Wii in the vertical stand cause any problems the way the PS2 was known to suffer? I had a slim PS2 with a vertical stand and after a month I noticed disc reading got a bit slower... I'm concerned with the possibility of hardware damage leavign the Wii vertical.

I too have wondered this. I keep mine horizontal. I figure you'll receive a lot of unresearched or unconfirmed answers, but if anyone knows from actual tests, could you post a link please. :wink:

Mine has been vertical since Nov 19th of last year and I have had 0 problems

To date, there have been less problems with the wii in its vertical position than when in its horozontal position. While laying flat, the wii has been known to overheat.

The wii is meant to be placed vertically, with the horozontal position as a secondary option, whereas the PS2 was the other way around. There is no reason to worry about your wii's safety while in the standing position, just be sure to use the provided stand so that the bottom vent is accessable.

Hmm, I put mine in the stand, and I can swear load times im MP3 got worse. Doors take longer to open, some scans hang for a second, etc.

... or maybe I'm just not used to MP3's load times yet. Seems to be the same horizontally.

Back