Is your wii hot?

Nitram

WiiChat Member
Mar 28, 2007
the only problem I have had with my wii is freezing on youtube(witch I can understand) and while playing DBZ, once in a while when I do an ultimate the graphics will screw up and and it will be a bunch of garbled colors... this doesn't bother me much as it rarely happens... but I still don't want a defective unit you know? I've noticed this though ever since I first got my wii, it is pretty hot underneath it... mine stands horizontally on some wood, and even if it is on standby mode all night, I wake up in the morning, lift it up and feel underneath, and it's pretty hot... so I'm just wondering how everybody's elses wii does heat wise. while lying horizontally of course, and vertically might not have the same effect. let me know
and thanks guys!

you know I definitely would rather have it standing vertically... but I have a 3 year old nephew in the house that I'm sure would gladly knock it over :nono:

Dont you use the stand that came with the console? That works reasonably

no I didn't use it.... I just figured my nephew would still tip it over... but even so, the stand worries me cause the wii lays on the side that the air intake is on... doesn't it obstruct the air intake? with my heat problem I'm not sure it\s the best Idea either.... but then again I didn't take a look at the stand so it me be better designed than I initially thought.

Nitram said:
no I didn't use it.... I just figured my nephew would still tip it over... but even so, the stand worries me cause the wii lays on the side that the air intake is on... doesn't it obstruct the air intake? with my heat problem I'm not sure it\s the best Idea either.... but then again I didn't take a look at the stand so it me be better designed than I initially thought.

In the wii box there is a transparent disc that u slot on the bottom that prevent this.
+ My wii has got warm sometimes, but never hot.

nitram i have mine the same way and it doesnt get hot but its slightly warm..never had any probs with it....and i have had it on for 3 weeks straight..

wiiisawesome

I don't think it's a good idea to have any console on a carpet. Stand or no stand, carpets it the worst thing for dust, and will clog your intake much faster

Now, as for some wiis being warm or hot, I think it's hard for anybody to answer me in this thread, as for what I consider to be hot, may be warm to some people. This is why I think with the type of firmware consoles have now there should be temp monitoring features.

Last edited:
Back